GrogHeads Strike Back! The Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Contest
Welcome to the GrogHeads Strike Back!
GrogHeads has partnered with On Target Simulations and Matrix Games to bring a fantastic year-end shootout, with a chance to win some excellent prizes from Matrix Games and the GrogHeads prize vault.
Here’s how it works:
1. You have to play a game. We know, right?! Let us say that again: You have to play a game. See, you’re loving this contest already.
1a. Specifically, you have to play this game: Flashpoint Campaigns: The GrogHeads Strike Back
1c. This is a custom-modified self-contained game and scenario for Flashpoint Campaigns. This scenario is not available as a part of the standard install, so even if you already have the game (and OTS loves you if you do!) then you still need to download and install this package to play.
2. When you complete the game, you save your final score report, and upload it to the GrogHeads forum in the designated thread.
2a. Entries that are emailed, faxed, posted, sent by courier, carrier pigeon, or paper airplane won’t count. You have to upload the entry in our forums, in the proper thread for your entry to be a part of the contest.
2b. The highest score (percent) will be the grand prize winner. In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker is VP locations held, then enemy units killed (see image for scoring order).
3. But wait! Some chucklehead scored 98% of day 2 of the contest! It’s hopeless! How can I ever win? Fear not, fellow Grogs! Every entry into the contest gets one virtual ticket thrown into the digital raffle hat for a consolation prize. That’s right, every separate score screen you upload after playing the game gets you another chance to win. So you might never score out of the 30s – who cares!? Score in the 30s eighteen different times, and you get 18 different chances to win in the consolation drawings.
3a. You can also earn an entry to the consolation drawing by “liking” the contest post on Facebook, and another by “sharing” the contest post on Facebook. 2 clicks for 2 entries! w00t!
4. You keep talking about “prizes”. Yes, yes we do. Because we’re just building the suspense.
4a. How are we doing?
4b. Still in suspense?
4c. Can’t wait to find out what you’re playing for?
5. All entries must be posted in the forums, with a forums time-stamp no later than Midnight Eastern (US) Standard Time, Sunday 5 January 2014. That’s midnight when Saturday rolls into Sunday. Entries posted or received after that time will not be counted for the grand prize, or consolation drawings.
4d. How’s that ‘suspense’ thing working out for us?
6. Legalese: At the bottom of this article is the full set of legal terms and conditions. You participation in this contest is your acceptance of those conditions. Remember that our in-house counsel is an excellent shot and owns a LOT of firearms.
4e. You’re just waiting to find out what you can win, right?
7. Forum membership is required for submitting your entries. You must be a registered member of the GrogHeads forums to enter. But hey, registration is free! What a deal!
7c. Don’t mix them up. If you post an entry in the discussion thread, it won’t count. If you post a discussion question in the entry thread, you will be mercilessly mocked.
4f. Prizes? Oh yeah! Prizes! Here’s what you’re playing for:
GRAND PRIZE: $65 credit at the Matrix Games store – enough to cover a boxed copy of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, or any number of excellent titles from the largest publisher of digital strategy games.
CONSOLATION PRIZES: Four total. Two winners will get $20 credit to the Matrix Games store. Two other winners will get random prize grab-bags pulled from the GrogHeads prize vault, with a retail value of at least $20. Consolation prize winners do not get to pick which prize we send you. They come out in the order they come out.
Winners will be notified by message through the forums, and the winners will be announced publicly on 6 January 2014.
1. No purchase necessary to enter this contest. Unlimited entries per person. Enter as many times as you like. To enter contest, download and install the Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm demo at http://grogheads.com/downloads/FlashpointRedStorm-Setup-Promo.exe . Play the built-in scenario to completion against the AI, capture and post screenshot of the scenario debrief in .jpg format at the GrogHeads.com forum. Entries received by any other method (phone, fax, courier) or in any other format, will not be accepted. Contest commences on December 21, 2013 and closes on January 5, 2014 at midnight Eastern Standard Time. Entries that are incomplete and/or not conforming to the rules will be disqualified.
2. This contest is open to all registered members of grogheads.com, who are over eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, agents, representatives and members of Grogheads, LLC, as well as members of their immediate families and households, are not eligible for contest participation. Membership at grogheads.com and participation in the contest is free. No purchase necessary.
3. There will be one (1) grand prize winner of the contest. The grand prize will consist of a $65 voucher for purchase at the Matrix Games store, courtesy of Matrix Games. There will also be four (4) consolation prize winners of the contest. The consolation prizes will include two (2) $20 gift vouchers, courtesy of Matrix Games, and two (2) grab-bags of random gaming merchandise from the current GrogHeads prize vault. Grand prize winner is ineligible for consolation prize drawing. Winners will be notified by email and/or via private message through the grogheads.com forum. If the winning entrant(s) cannot be reached, or does not claim his/her prize within 48 hours of the selection date, or does not meet all the contest conditions, another entrant(s) will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
4. The entrant with the highest final scenario score will be selected as the grand prize winner. The winners of the consolation prizes will be selected by random drawing. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize winner has the sole responsibility of paying any taxes, fees or charges connected to the prize, if any. By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and entry for publicity purposes without payment or compensation.
5. Chances of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and participation in the contest indicates acceptance of all contest rules and regulations. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
6. By entering the contest, all entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Grogheads, LLC and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, members and agents, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won. Grogheads, LLC, its agents, employees, representatives and members shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. No responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a network, computer on-line system, server, access provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by Grogheads, LLC. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way.
Grogheads, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the this contest without notice at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. Grogheads, LLC further reserves the right to modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, judging criteria, and/or Contest rules. Grogheads, LLC reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules and all applicable laws. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries and content submitted shall become the exclusive property of Grogheads, LLC.
9. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Grogheads, LLC and or its affiliates, or their respective owners. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.