Women and wargaming

Started by Rex Brynen, March 05, 2016, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Crazy Girl on March 11, 2016, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: Windigo on March 10, 2016, 07:35:18 PMWell, I am glad to see the pissy contest has moved on to more noble pursuits like defining what a war-game is and the diff between a Euro and Amero game is.
And I still don't know the difference. Sad.
Maybe this helps?
http://grogheads.com/?podcast=the-grogcast-episode-18-part-1-of-2
http://grogheads.com/?podcast=the-grogcast-episode-18-part-2-of-2

Quote from: Crazy Girl on March 11, 2016, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 10, 2016, 08:16:15 PMYou know you guys are like 40 miles apart. You could grab B_C and get some face-to-face gaming in some time at the FLGS.
More like 30. Grab? Funny. He's going to be PO'd when he see's this.  Face-to-face time? Ha! Even funnier. He doesn't even have time for himself. Poor thing. He's really gonna mad at me now. *deep breath: tells herself, "Don't go into Dragon mode." More later.
I was referring to you and GJK being only 40 or so miles apart, based on the location you set in your profile.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2016, 06:44:33 AM

I was referring to you and GJK being only 40 or so miles apart, based on the location you set in your profile.

Me to Houston is more like 175-190 miles depending on which side of Houston we're talking about but if you ever get to the Austin area CG, let me know! 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GJK on March 11, 2016, 08:51:35 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2016, 06:44:33 AM

Me to Houston is more like 175-190 miles depending on which side of Houston we're talking about but if you ever get to the Austin area CG, let me know! 

d'oh! - my bad, I thought you were in the Houston area (I've made that mistake before, haven't I?)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Also, Texas is just big. At work we'll ask people who call looking for our products how far away they are from Dallas or Goldthwaite, and they patiently act like we've lost our minds.  :2funny:

I am now both scared for and envious of B_C.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2016, 09:07:51 AM

d'oh! - my bad, I thought you were in the Houston area (I've made that mistake before, haven't I?)

I don't believe so - at least I don't remember that having happened before.  I'm actually 40 miles north of Austin in the country so JP- me and you could probably connect some time for some ftf gaming if you were so inclined. 

I just never make out to Houston but do visit my brother in Corpus every now and then.  I'd enjoy meeting B_C or CG sometime if/when I ever do get back to Houston.  Speaking of Dallas and Houston, each has a very active ASL community that is very newbie friendly if anybody in those areas was looking to learn or play some ASL.  ;)
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GJK on March 11, 2016, 09:53:02 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2016, 09:07:51 AM

I don't believe so - at least I don't remember that having happened before.  I'm actually 40 miles north of Austin in the country so JP- me and you could probably connect some time for some ftf gaming if you were so inclined. 

I just never make out to Houston but do visit my brother in Corpus every now and then.  I'd enjoy meeting B_C or CG sometime if/when I ever do get back to Houston.  Speaking of Dallas and Houston, each has a very active ASL community that is very newbie friendly if anybody in those areas was looking to learn or play some ASL.  ;)

You anywhere near Georgetown GJK? I was just over there a few weeks ago. My brother lives in Austin and his in-laws are in Georgetown.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Windigo

wow.... a non jargon word I have to look up.

anathematize - to curse someone

:smitten:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GJK

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 11, 2016, 10:19:02 AM

You anywhere near Georgetown GJK? I was just over there a few weeks ago. My brother lives in Austin and his in-laws are in Georgetown.
Yes, that's where I am.  PM me if you want and let me know the next time you'll be in the area!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

Quote from: GJK on March 11, 2016, 09:53:02 AM
I'm actually 40 miles north of Austin in the country so JP- me and you could probably connect some time for some ftf gaming if you were so inclined.

No, sorry, I wasn't clear: we have distributors in Goldthwaite and Dallas. Our factory is in West TN, easily 9 hours from Dallas.  :-[

Quote from: Windigo on March 11, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
anathematize - to curse someone

:smitten:

:smitten: indeed! -- though I knew that word. I'm guessing she got it the same place I knew it: from church.

Which gives me less excuse to mix up being jealous and being envious, duhhhhh....  :uglystupid2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

I'm near Georgetown! But it's the Georgetown no one wants to be near.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: GJK on March 11, 2016, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 11, 2016, 10:19:02 AM

Yes, that's where I am.  PM me if you want and let me know the next time you'll be in the area!

I detect an ASL ambush.   :coolsmiley:

bayonetbrant

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 13, 2016, 10:50:31 AM
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1541966/war-gaming-wife

I'm just not quite sure what to respond to that....is it a hoax or truly a desperate ASL loving woman needing some love?  Does she clip her counters- that's what I really want to know....
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

MetalDog

Fishing is real popular around here.  In a few of the bachelor pads, there is a framed narrative that goes something like, 'Looking for woman with a boat who can cook, clean, do laundry, and skin a fish. Send pictures of the boat.'  I assume you're looking for pics of the counters ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GJK

Quote from: MetalDog on March 13, 2016, 01:44:39 PM
Fishing is real popular around here.  In a few of the bachelor pads, there is a framed narrative that goes something like, 'Looking for woman with a boat who can cook, clean, do laundry, and skin a fish. Send pictures of the boat.'  I assume you're looking for pics of the counters ;)

Men are visual by nature! 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer