Slitherine to release second Armored Brigade DLC for Halloween!

Started by Boggit, October 22, 2019, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

First it was the Italian and Yugoslav Nation pack and now its the turn of the French and Belgians, to bring the total number of armies from 9 to 11 during 5 time periods between 1965-1991. The French are particularly interesting as they go from being a tank heavy army in the 1970's towards a balanced combined arms force from the 1980's onwards.

We expect to see with these new nations over 200 new units and a new operational area in the Ardennes near the Bastogne area. Personally, I'd have preferred the Black Forest-Strasbourg area as a more direct way into France, but I guess a Wacht am Rhein 2 Belgium is the current choice. Still I hope they release a new operational area for that...

If I have a criticism it is that the last DLC didn't add much to the stock scenarios or campaigns. That said, the scenario and campaign generation works great and you can link battlefields from a satellite map of the operational area which is quite cool. In all honesty, this gives a lot of flexibility and I suspect is really what the designer was aiming for.

I hope that at some stage there will be a multiplayer option, but given that his is a pauseable real time game, I'm not sure how they'd do this satisfactorily. However, as a single player game it is a lot of fun, and the AI has given me a hard time on several occasions. It reminds me a lot of a influence from between Steel Panthers and Close Combat, yet is still remains it's own game.

Another thing is that it is going out on Steam for the first time, which is great for staying up to date with the latest patch. If you own the game already check Matrix support to see if you can get an associated Steam key linked to your Matrix version, as that is what Matrix/Slitherine has done in the past.

Anyway, here are some links for you:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089840/Armored_Brigade/?utm_source=Press+List+Feb+2018&utm_campaign=525fc2a69c-WoSRelease_MG_01_2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c677a188a0-525fc2a69c-91792789

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/armored-brigade-nation-pack-france-belgium?utm_source=Press+List+Feb+2018&utm_campaign=525fc2a69c-WoSRelease_MG_01_2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c677a188a0-525fc2a69c-91792789

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Use HappyHalloween19 code and get 30% off matrix...believe good for most game's

Con

Bought it on steam

Lets see if those bun eating Walloons can go toe to toe with some T64 love

Con

Huw the Poo

This game looks really good, I think it's gone to the top of my wishlist.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 31, 2019, 01:53:03 PM

Weirdly, they have this posted....but when I place in cart and use code, it works...so not sure if it will or won't work.

The following games are not part of the Halloween sale and the discount will not be applied:
- Close Combat: The Bloody First
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius: Fortification Pack
- WarPlan
- Armored Brigade
- Armored Brigade Nation Pack: France – Belgium
- Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 31, 2019, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 31, 2019, 01:53:03 PM

Weirdly, they have this posted....but when I place in cart and use code, it works...so not sure if it will or won't work.

The following games are not part of the Halloween sale and the discount will not be applied:
- Close Combat: The Bloody First
- Warhammer 40,000 Gladius: Fortification Pack
- WarPlan
- Armored Brigade
- Armored Brigade Nation Pack: France – Belgium
- Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia

Might have worked because of this :

To celebrate this important milestone, Armored Brigade (base game) and the first Nation Pack (Italy – Yugoslavia) are being discounted, you can get them at 30% off. This promotion will last an entire week, until November 8th.

Did it work for the latest DLC ?

Grim.Reaper

don't know, i actually still have my 50% off coupon that i plan to use later this month:)

i think others have indicated for the games on the list, it fails when check out.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 31, 2019, 03:03:00 PM

I've only gone and bloody bought it, that's all!  Looking forward to trying it out later. O0

Any quick tips/wish-I'd-known for a noob?

-budd-

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2019, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 31, 2019, 03:03:00 PM

I've only gone and bloody bought it, that's all!  Looking forward to trying it out later. O0

Any quick tips/wish-I'd-known for a noob?
Delayed waypoints are your friend, use them a lot. Delayed wayoints pay the command delay upfront, pays to plan ahead.  don't forget the AA.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

This is one of those games I want to like, but just seems the action happens so fast you have little input or chance to alter things much.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 02, 2019, 12:59:46 PM
This is one of those games I want to like, but just seems the action happens so fast you have little input or chance to alter things much.

Heh, one of the main reasons I wanted it is that the Eugen Systems games (for example) are a bit too fast so I wanted something a bit slower!  From the quick go I just had, I think it's just right for me.

Budd - thanks mate!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2019, 01:07:16 PM

Heh, one of the main reasons I wanted it is that the Eugen Systems games (for example) are a bit too fast so I wanted something a bit slower!  From the quick go I just had, I think it's just right for me.

Budd - thanks mate!

still seems fast to me, but looking forward to more detailed impressions:)

DennisS

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 02, 2019, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2019, 01:07:16 PM

Budd - thanks mate!

I significantly slower version of an Eugen Systems game is perfect. I also am looking forward to a comprehensive review. Is it pausable, and during the pause, can you issue orders?

still seems fast to me, but looking forward to more detailed impressions:)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: DennisS on November 02, 2019, 01:26:31 PM
I significantly slower version of an Eugen Systems game is perfect. I also am looking forward to a comprehensive review. Is it pausable, and during the pause, can you issue orders?

Yes.  And it may take a while for any detailed impressions from me, but here's the original thread.