Christmas Wargame Sales

Started by airboy, November 20, 2017, 06:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^That was funny as hell. About your ex, I mean.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot link=topic=20995.msg571965#msg571965
i]It's especially annoying in that it's expanding faster than my ex did. [/i]

Laugh
Out
Loud!

:bd:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2017, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: bbmike on November 22, 2017, 06:01:37 PM
Yeah, Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa is only $19.49. I think I need to buy it!  :o
You do - it's fantastic. There's so many other things to do than just move chits about. You really have to think about decisions and read reports and care about what's going on.

Done!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on November 22, 2017, 06:23:42 PM
^That was funny as hell. About your ex, I mean.

I tried to make it a positive and view it as I would a financial investment (Hey, I've got 40% more girlfriend than I did a year ago!) but it never quite worked.

Gusington

Yeah 40% more girlfriend sounds awesome until it's 40% more girlfriend, in every way.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Yeah, Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa is only $19.49. I think I need to buy it!  :o
You do - it's fantastic. There's so many other things to do than just move chits about. You really have to think about decisions and read reports and care about what's going on.

Thought I was safe from the sale, but now you have me considering...Eastern Front is just not my usual thing...but who knows.

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:47:38 PM

Thought I was safe from the sale, but now you have me considering...Eastern Front is just not my usual thing...but who knows.

DO IT! It's like no other East front game you've ever played. So much more than just move and combat. Every decision you are presented with has a direct effect on the game and the progress of the war.

-budd-

Kind of a bummer when you have everything,  :'(... Only thing I'm looking at is piercing fortress europe. Warsaw to Paris is no brainer for a 10 spot if you don't have it, well balanced wargame.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2017, 07:01:52 PM

DO IT! It's like no other East front game you've ever played. So much more than just move and combat. Every decision you are presented with has a direct effect on the game and the progress of the war.

Not sure...just feels like the Eastern Front games turn into slug fest of moving a ton of counters around:)  Maybe this game is different.....

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

Not sure...just feels like the Eastern Front games turn into slug fest of moving a ton of counters around:)  Maybe this game is different.....

Very different. :bd:

jamus34

Speaking as a Murican - we're disgusting.

Does anyone have any comments / thoughts on Commander - The Great War at all? I've recently taken an interest in WWI and the pickings are slim overall it seems.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Quote from: jamus34 on November 22, 2017, 07:46:41 PM
Speaking as a Murican - we're disgusting.

Does anyone have any comments / thoughts on Commander - The Great War at all? I've recently taken an interest in WWI and the pickings are slim overall it seems.

Strategic Command The Great War is better

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2017, 07:18:22 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

Very different. :bd:

How so:)  I know it has some of the decision aspects, but aren't there a ton of counters?  Is there a lot of micro-management?

Barthheart

There are less counters than most EF games. Each counter is a division. Take a look at Jason and my AARs to get a feel for the number of counters and a pretty good feel for the game.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15498.0
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15513.0