D-Day Omaha Beach First hours...

Started by gehrig38, November 20, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: gehrig38 on November 21, 2014, 08:46:01 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 21, 2014, 08:42:55 AM
Sorry to derail your excellent AAR gehrig38. Looking forward to more as I am interested in this game as well.

One question: do you find all the symbols on the map detract from the game/map or do you just see through them once you start playing?

I honestly don't even notice them in VASSAL. Now playing RAF: Lion as well and that map is just as busy. Think our imaginations allow us (at least me) to just think on the combat and the history and not get caught up in aesthetics with good games.

I agree with you there, when the game is good.

ArizonaTank

This is an excellent game.  And I love that Decision Games support Vassal for it.  I have not seen a vassal module for the Tarawa game yet...hopefully they are planning one.  No clipping with vassal....

This inspires me to finish my dormant AAR on this game as well.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9310.0
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 20, 2014, 10:07:27 PM
I've not once clipped my game counters. Not once.

I didn't even know this was a thing until I joined this site, TBH.

At first I thought you were all crazy, but now I'm actually considering doing it. I've already got enough OCD in my life, but I really don't need more, though.

Don't join the ranks of the crazy! Keep those corners as they are, man. They were meant to be square. Avoid this bizarre counter Eugenics program so many have joined.

BanzaiCat

bbmike

Oh no. Please don't drag videos into this thread. gehrig38 will never get to finish his AAR at this rate.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

TacticalWargames

Great AAR. I must get this at some point.

Has anyone played both Omaha and the latest game? If so which do you prefer\is best?