Off Topic: Front Office Football 7.0 Now available!

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 24, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Thanks for keeping us informed. It's a day one purchase for me as well.   ;D

KyzBP

I put in enough time in on FOF:TCY to confidently pick this one up on Day One.  ;D

Arctic Blast

;D That's an interesting draft...

#8 - Robert Englund
#5 - Corey Feldman
#1 - Jason Voorhees

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 08, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
Getting closer...a new screenshot of the draft history screen....some are hinting to a release in the next week or so.........who am I kidding, likely will be day one purchase for me;)

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=653

Looks exactly like the previous version (in Denver colors... BOO!  :P ).

That doesn't really tell me anything about improvements.  I just hope that the AI has been improved in this new one.  I really hope it's major behavioral issues have been addressed before it's released.  :D

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 08, 2013, 05:57:38 PM
;D That's an interesting draft...

#8 - Robert Englund
#5 - Corey Feldman
#1 - Jason Voorhees

I think that is why people are speculating it will be released this Friday, the 13th....the hidden meaning of the draft list:)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 09, 2013, 10:03:09 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 08, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
Getting closer...a new screenshot of the draft history screen....some are hinting to a release in the next week or so.........who am I kidding, likely will be day one purchase for me;)

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=653

Looks exactly like the previous version (in Denver colors... BOO!  :P ).

That doesn't really tell me anything about improvements.  I just hope that the AI has been improved in this new one.  I really hope it's major behavioral issues have been addressed before it's released.  :D

We'll see soon enough....I knew the graphics would not change much, so it will be interesting to see if anything under the hood big has been improved.....I know the one area I really wanted to see changed is the gameplan screen, but that won't happen......I wonder how much this will end up costing.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 09, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
I wonder how much this will end up costing.

Not only that, but what kind of DRM it will have.

The last one had some shitty limited install online activation BS.  One with some poor customer service, too.  He even stated that he didn't want to use them again due to the issues and long stretches of unresponsiveness from them in the past.  Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll just be a serial code thing.

Grim.Reaper

Pretty sure he changed his mind and going back to the same thing for drm.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 09, 2013, 08:12:01 PM

Goddammit.

Looks like I have some bitching to do on their unofficial forum.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 10, 2013, 03:58:32 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 09, 2013, 08:12:01 PM

Goddammit.

Looks like I have some bitching to do on their unofficial forum.

This is what he posted a little time ago...doesn't sound absolutely confirmed, but seems like the path.

"The publication question remains open. I've had discussions with ViaTech, and I think it's very likely the technical issues that have caused installation difficulties with Windows 7/8 will not occur with their new libraries. If I go with ViaTech, Front Office Football Seven will be available within two weeks. I'm leaning toward this option."

Nefaro

He seems hell-bent on using online activation crap either way, despite all the previous issues and bitching, so I shouldn't be surprised.  :-\

PanzersEast

Hard to use the 1990s interface... was hoping for an updated ui.  The activation, how I loath it.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 10, 2013, 11:41:59 AM
Hard to use the 1990s interface... was hoping for an updated ui.  The activation, how I loath it.

PE

Agreed, would have been nice to get a new paint job.....but as long as it results in a more realistic management game for football, I am ok with the UI.  Although not pretty, it is easy to get around and find things you need.

Nefaro

I'm generally okay with the interface as long as it retains the great color customization.   Something sorely missing from a few other football text manager sims is the team color customization of the whole interface - it really does improve the experience.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 10, 2013, 11:05:12 AM
He seems hell-bent on using online activation crap either way, despite all the previous issues and bitching, so I shouldn't be surprised.  :-\

This seems to about confirm using elicense being used again....this was in a post by him discussing screenshots/demos.

"I can work on screen shots and demos (actually, this time I'm using the Trial feature of eLicense, so it's one installation, same program) or I can work on my punch list."