If not Friday, then when?!

Started by MetalDog, May 31, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I can't stop playing Rising Storm!  I'm on the San Jose low ping server as Toonces.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

Quote from: Dolan50 on June 01, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
There used to be a very good boardgame about the battle of Dien Bien Phu called "Citadel" if I recall correctly.I played this a few times at a friends house about 20 years ago.I think the units were company size.
Can't remember who published it though but I'm sure there may be some kind of a description of the game on Boardgame Geek.

Haven't played a boardgame in quite awhile but I remember that one was fun.

Oops - sorry, double posted.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Quote from: Dolan50 on June 01, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
There used to be a very good boardgame about the battle of Dien Bien Phu called "Citadel" if I recall correctly.I played this a few times at a friends house about 20 years ago.I think the units were company size.
Can't remember who published it though but I'm sure there may be some kind of a description of the game on Boardgame Geek.

Haven't played a boardgame in quite awhile but I remember that one was fun.

Yep, it was published by GDW and is long out of print. I did see a second hand copy for sale a while ago but the price was way beyond my means.

'Clip those corners'

PanzersEast

Quote from: Tuna on June 01, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
joined the Iron Front server over at Sim HQ with Tuna and Panzer - great fun - last mission was a blast (literally) - as soon as i figure out how to pull the screens from steam i will

Fun games.. great to see more Grogs playing!

Enjoyed playing with fellow grogs and a great group of guys... was a lot of fun and we ended with a boom!  Sounds like next weekend would be a good time for anyone to jump in with D-Day coming up.

PE

undercovergeek

.............well i see i missed 'serious sunday' and cant make 'military monday' - man i wish id seen those before - i need 2 more weeks off!!

bob48

Not much gaming done this weekend (sorry again, MD), as we have been taking advantage of the nice weather and getting work done in the garden, after which I've been pretty donald-ducked.

Been trying hard with AoW SM, but I admit to being a bit disapointed with it.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

Do not incur the wrath of the welsh!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:20:59 PM
good gaming, great guys - will deffo be returning

thanks SDR

Glad you enjoyed it.  Sorry I had to miss it this week but I will definitely be there to die gloriously in a ditch next week.

PanzersEast

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 02, 2013, 03:46:51 PM
.............well i see i missed 'serious sunday' and cant make 'military monday' - man i wish id seen those before - i need 2 more weeks off!!

We had a great turnout and was a lot of fun....

PE

Tuna

Ended up having a good weekend of gaming

Friday night, a lil bit of WITE, AJE, and DW

Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns.. Saturday afternoon Iron Front on the SIM HQ Server with PanzersEast and UndercoverGeek... Started my first ever CMBN game with Grim Reaper.. a lil more DW...

Today more turns with Grim on CMBN and more trial and error with DW.. but all and all a lot of gaming this weekend!

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns..

You people just aren't ever going to give me a break, are you?  I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!!!  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns..

You people just aren't ever going to give me a break, are you?  I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!!!  ;)

Had nothing to do with you, Warlock is just a good game for Multitasking!  ;D

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM

Had nothing to do with you, Warlock is just a good game for Multitasking!  ;D

QFT :)

Gusington

I finished War and Peace while waiting for 'Phro to finish his Warlock turns.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
I finished War and Peace while waiting for 'Phro to finish his Warlock turns.

You, you don't get a say.  You can't even be bothered to show up :P