Main Menu

Ahsoka

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 07, 2023, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

A
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 21, 2023, 10:12:28 PMwere is the operative term

Are you saying they are actually Zombie Troopers, resurrected with that creepy Night Sister reanimation magick?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 22, 2023, 08:36:52 PMAre you saying they are actually Zombie Troopers, resurrected with that creepy Night Sister reanimation magick?

Potentially.  I'm not sure they are but it's absolutely been hinted with the ex-Inquisitor Marrok.

There's a reason they're loading all those caskets onto the Chimera. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 22, 2023, 08:36:52 PMA
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 21, 2023, 10:12:28 PMwere is the operative term

Are you saying they are actually Zombie Troopers, resurrected with that creepy Night Sister reanimation magick?

yes
I'll actually be pissed if Daryl Dixon makes a camero.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

I don't have disney+ but I saw some YT clips with this new Thrawn.  [in my best Samuel Jackson impersonation] He looks like a jackass, Ringo. 

Not like the artwork on Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire series. 

Plus the way this new one talks he sounds well...lackluster.  They gotta get someone from one of those WH40K fan made films with a sinister British accent.  Or the guy that voiced Deslock in the old Star Blazer series would have been a good fit.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

hes literally the guy who voiced that cartoon character.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 26, 2023, 09:54:32 PMthat was a lot  :stormtrooper2:

Yeah.  Total shocker to see Thrawn travel back in time and kill Palpatine once and for all before he could go to the sequels, then use the veil of the force to murder Rey in her crib and laugh gloriously and proclaim "Now I am the master of the future.  Kathleen Kennedy is no...more". 

:deathstar:
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Damn, I'd watch that!  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 26, 2023, 10:12:45 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 26, 2023, 09:54:32 PMthat was a lot  :stormtrooper2:

Yeah.  Total shocker to see Thrawn travel back in time and kill Palpatine once and for all before he could go to the sequels, then use the veil of the force to murder Rey in her crib and laugh gloriously and proclaim "Now I am the master of the future.  Kathleen Kennedy is no...more". 

:deathstar:

As a Light Side user who dabbles in the Dark I am saddened to hear Thrawn went back in time and killed Palpy.  But I am cackling with evil glee to hear he 86'ed Rey.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

It's more likely they're gonna use the Veil to kill the Force and set up a new power that only the witches can use. Or that will be the threat.

Anyway, the original theory/rumor never involved retconning the sequel trilogy THIS season, only introducing the methods. Filoni has set things up to go whichever way the Powers of Lucasfilm prefer (whoever ends up in control, which at the moment looks like still Kennedy if she can shake off charges of financial malfeasance.)

He could even do a medium-hard reboot creating in effect a new continuity in that other galaxy (with options for doing stories in the old or new continuity as anyone in charge wishes, regardless of whether the old continuity itself gets rebooted.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

^ This...The reason I don't give a Porg about Star Wars anymore.  :Loser:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Well, other people are happy about it, and that's great. Wish I could be, too. When is Andor Blu!? (Probably not until S2, would be my guess, but I haven't checked the market recently.)

That said, I can genuinely admire the efficiency of the setup, if I may slightly paraphrase Ash from Alien.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on September 27, 2023, 10:15:37 AMAs a Light Side user who dabbles in the Dark I am saddened to hear Thrawn went back in time and killed Palpy.  But I am cackling with evil glee to hear he 86'ed Rey.

LOL, I made all of that up clearly. 

Pretty much every weirdo rumor of erasing the Disney story has been utterly deep sixed at this point, not that they should've been taken seriously to begin with.