Rome Total War Bad UI Rant

Started by Cheimison, October 31, 2017, 08:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 31, 2017, 11:03:07 PM
RTW Is still one of my all time favorite games. I'd love to play it again but it's just so damned old. No, wait. I'M so damned old. No. Actually we both are. "Slash Total War" would be so old that the manual would be printed in Babylonian and use hieroglyphics for the DRM questions. And have Flaming Pigs.

...and Naked Barbarians.

Did you ever try the Roma Surrectum mod? I mean, if you still play it once and a while (I know I do), give it a shot.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

RTW Is the only TW game I've never played modded. I can't remember if I played one for the Barbarian Invasion add-on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I LOVED Barbarian Invasion when it was released. The only TW I play unmodded is Shogun 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The only way I could win Shogun 2 was to mod it to the Darth Mod. The damned 'Realm Divide' killed me every time. The Barbarian Invasion Hun Campaign was tough too. The Huns were unbeatable on the battlefield but completely helpless trying to manage large cities with hostile populations. Great games.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

I won and survived realm divide with no mods

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2017, 06:38:58 PM
I LOVED Barbarian Invasion when it was released. The only TW I play unmodded is Shogun 2.

What mods for Rome 2 do you use, Gus? I play it vanilla and I don't think its bad at all?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

^ Except for the province management you mean.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Real Men manage their provinces 24/7, yo.

It has been years since I've played the original Rome TW 2, but IIRC I used the latest versions of Radious' mods - they are quite choice and I remember them causing barely any issues on the technical side.

Shogun 2 remains unbeaten for me...I have never won that game! Love it, though. Perfect in every way - it's a work of art. If I could, I would marry Shogun 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I think it's actually legal in California. But only as long as you force someone to violate their religious beliefs to do it. After 'Darth' moved on to greater things, I've gone with Radious for all my TW mod needs. I like the extra units included and less psychotic AI pace. But I wouldn't marry it. Unless it had lots of money.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 02, 2017, 06:37:42 PM
RTW Is the only TW game I've never played modded. I can't remember if I played one for the Barbarian Invasion add-on.

Roma Surrectum has a version for all games, I recall. All games being RTW, BI, and Alexander. I played it mostly with BI engine.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

What's good about it Crossroads?

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2017, 08:44:43 AM
If I could, I would marry Shogun 2.

You can in Canada and several European countries.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I don't know if Shogun 2 would have me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 02, 2017, 10:00:31 PM
I won and survived realm divide with no mods

Same!   :bd:   <:-)

Wasn't easy!