Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 01, 2016, 06:19:33 PM
The Dwarves as a faction shun magic in general.

I've not played the dwarves yet.  They're so damn tough, and nigh unbreakable, they don't need any stinking twiddly-fingers to mow through enemies & send them fleeing.   My greenskin armies full of Blorcs would inevitably lose heart and flee after a short time in combat with even half strength dwarf units.  Although I think the patch notes mentioned some Greenskin boosts here & there so maybe it's a bit less embarrassing now.

Thought they had Rune Magic, but I'm guessing it doesn't have much in the way of TW:W implementation on the battlefield..?

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on July 01, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

I've not played the dwarves yet.  They're so damn tough, and nigh unbreakable, they don't need any stinking twiddly-fingers to mow through enemies & send them fleeing.   My greenskin armies full of Blorcs would inevitably lose heart and flee after a short time in combat with even half strength dwarf units.  Although I think the patch notes mentioned some Greenskin boosts here & there so maybe it's a bit less embarrassing now.

Thought they had Rune Magic, but I'm guessing it doesn't have much in the way of TW:W implementation on the battlefield..?

Never really paid attention.  Most of the commander "magic" I've seen are morale, speed, melee boosters.  I've only seen one skill where I can throw a fireball at the enemy.
I think Dwarves are more steam punk technology focus.  Basic tactic is to hold a strong line then shoot away.  Having no cavalry sucks.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 01, 2016, 11:23:51 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 01, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

Never really paid attention.  Most of the commander "magic" I've seen are morale, speed, melee boosters.  I've only seen one skill where I can throw a fireball at the enemy.
I think Dwarves are more steam punk technology focus.  Basic tactic is to hold a strong line then shoot away.  Having no cavalry sucks.

Yes they're more steampunk-ish.  Extremely "tanky" too.  They probably don't need cavalry when they can just steamroll straight over enemy faces, in their super heavy armor, and blast everything else with guns.  :knuppel2:

Boggit

Coming back to my earlier post... are the Lizardmen available as a faction yet?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on July 02, 2016, 12:23:55 PM
Coming back to my earlier post... are the Lizardmen available as a faction yet?

Negative.

I expect there to be plenty more factions released as DLC.  But since each one has it's own flavor, more so than previous TWs, I expect they'll only be putting out one at a time.  Even then it will likely take them longer between each, due to the extra faction-specific content (spells, heroes, skill & spell trees, drastically different looking & animated units, etc).

I'd be delighted to see the faction list grow to the size of the Blood Bowl series.  Pretty much the same factions possible as BB, since BB took their factions from WH Fantasy.

JasonPratt

I was about to say, if you want to play Lizardmen, you should get BB1: Chaos Edition.

I was thinking the other day, too, while patiently waiting for Bretonnia to be released before I start anything (this being a slightly arbitrary point of "I like these guys" plus "Initial bughunting done, anything left will take a while to sort anyway"), that will all the fan mods being already worked on, how far will that dampen their plans to release official faction or other expansions? The recent big patch unleashed Vampiric Blood Knights for example; but fans had just finished modding those in.

To clarify, I've bought the game, I'm supporting CA's development on it -- although I may not buy the super-bloody DLC.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 02, 2016, 02:29:55 PM
I was about to say, if you want to play Lizardmen, you should get BB1: Chaos Edition.

I was thinking the other day, too, while patiently waiting for Bretonnia to be released before I start anything (this being a slightly arbitrary point of "I like these guys" plus "Initial bughunting done, anything left will take a while to sort anyway"), that will all the fan mods being already worked on, how far will that dampen their plans to release official faction or other expansions? The recent big patch unleashed Vampiric Blood Knights for example; but fans had just finished modding those in.

To clarify, I've bought the game, I'm supporting CA's development on it -- although I may not buy the super-bloody DLC.
Thanks, I have BB Chaos edition, A great game IMHO. I'm a great Lizardmen fan, and love the balance between their heavy and light troops.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

undercovergeek

First DLC - Rise of the Goatfury

Nefaro

Didn't think Beastmen would be the first DLC, but I'm not going to complain.  This thing needs all the playable factions it can get.

I wonder if their wealth/economy will consist of humanoid sacrifices to their totem?    :))

Also wonder what kind of units they have besides Gor, Wargor, and Minotaur?  We gonna see a little crossover or modified units from Chaos faction?

Sir Slash

No problem with those guys. Just hide inside a doorway. With those horns, no way they could get to you.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Yes! I can't wait for the next DLC for Goat Simulator...the mind boggles.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Damn...that sh*t is crazy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...and it's going to cost 18.00??? THAT sh*t is crazy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I was promised Bretonnia.

But I understand. Needs more fantasy first (and moar pure chaos) for balance.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2016, 08:03:24 PM
I was promised Bretonnia.

But I understand. Needs more fantasy first (and moar pure chaos) for balance.

Br exit got in the way.