Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2016, 06:59:17 PM
I, unlike JD the Fairy, am still unsullied.

Me and Bawb.
Sorry I left so quick Gus - I heard "a calling".

Lets hope bawb doesn't crumble like a wet tissue  ^-^
Alba gu' brath

Tanaka

Started my first campaign as the Dwarves and it is the best Total War game ever! Best first day buy ever! I am in love! I am so immersed. Sieges finally work and are fun. Stupid settlement battles are gone in place of field battles that eat you for lunch. And good luck in sieges you better bring it! The AI is so much better and works better in all of these. All of the things I hated about Rome and Atilla are fixed. There are so many strategic choices to make! Every faction finally plays so differently! I had the Green Skins down and out and now they are rolling me back and their Goblin minions are assassinating my Lords and creating havoc in my lands! Grimgore Ironhide is a one man Orc army! And now Vampire corruption is spreading in my northern Dwarf allies land. And I have not even touched the other factions yet! It is so Epic!
Love it!!! :smitten:

Tpek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 25, 2016, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2016, 09:35:42 PM
Who's playing as the Vampire Counts?
I started as Vamps

Same.
Started as Manny the Vampire.
(Still better than being Sparkles in Twilight)

Grim.Reaper

I am enjoying this as well, but only had time to scratch the surface.  Originally I thought I wouldn't like it because of it being fantasy, biut turns out that may be the reason I end up liking it better than any previous version.  Each faction and unit feels different, and the fact it's not historical has me just enjoying the game versus comparing to real life.

I still suck at real time battles, but they are very interesting as you watch the units do their unique things.  All those pesky flying units require new strategy and really like how your general is an individual hero-type unit versus just being combined with another unit.

This one seems like it will have staying power and hopefully will even grow more as additional factions added,

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 25, 2016, 03:28:07 AM
I am enjoying this as well, but only had time to scratch the surface.  Originally I thought I wouldn't like it because of it being fantasy, biut turns out that may be the reason I end up liking it better than any previous version.  Each faction and unit feels different, and the fact it's not historical has me just enjoying the game versus comparing to real life.

I still suck at real time battles, but they are very interesting as you watch the units do their unique things.  All those pesky flying units require new strategy and really like how your general is an individual hero-type unit versus just being combined with another unit.

This one seems like it will have staying power and hopefully will even grow more as additional factions added,
This is exactly what I was thinking last night...particularly what I put in bold  O0

Not a huge fan of fantasy and have no knowledge of the Warhammer world so although it looked great I wondered how much it would appeal - and that was one of the reasons I held off pre-purchase.

Turns out that not knowing all these magic things and different types of units is exactly why it's appealing to me so far.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

So who is ready for the skaven and dark elf DLC?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2016, 05:42:02 AM

I'd be utterly excited for them.
(And also for High Elves as well)

However the next faction to be released (and supposedly for free) appears to be Bretonia.

bob48

Steady, lad. Stiff upper lip and all that.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I started as Vamps

You started as Grace Jones?

Hey, man, I guess if you can pull off that look, more power to you. Might be more manly than that plaid dress you wear every so often whilst tossing about telephone poles. ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on May 25, 2016, 06:02:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2016, 05:42:02 AM

I'd be utterly excited for them.
(And also for High Elves as well)

However the next faction to be released (and supposedly for free) appears to be Bretonia.

I didn't check, but is t Bretonia available for skirmish battles and mp matches?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Dammit. The one TW game I hold out for and it's a big orgy of gaming sexy excitement.

Still didn't purchase but the above posts make my loins moist. The allure of the Vampire Counts is strong. Bawb hold me!

Are there changing seasons in this?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 25, 2016, 07:02:05 AM
I started as Vamps

You started as Grace Jones?

Hey, man, I guess if you can pull off that look, more power to you. Might be more manly than that plaid dress you wear every so often whilst tossing about telephone poles. ;)
:o  :o  :o  :o

And - Grace Jones was more manly than me and she managed to pull it off (sort of!)  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

bob48

...when you say 'pull it off'...........................

........never mind.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2016, 07:29:36 AM
I didn't check, but is t Bretonia available for skirmish battles and mp matches?

i just checked Bretonia and Chaos is playable in skirmish  O0 (mp i didn't checked yet)