Main Menu

Paper Sorcerer

Started by Nefaro, November 26, 2013, 07:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

A new old style turn-based RPG dungeon delver! 

:D

Five dollah.  Looks like something I'd enjoy, although I'm not sure how many "environmental puzzles" are involved.  Hopefully nothing anywhere near Grimrock levels.  Also not sure about how much gameplaye there is - being built for a tablet usually means it's pretty limited as far as PC games go.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PAPERS/paper-sorcerer

At five little'uns, it is mine! 

edit:  Hrmm.. on second thought maybe I'll wait & see if it comes out on the Kindle Fire.   I picked up Chainsaw Warrior for my laptop only to find out I could've just put it on my Fire so I need to wait & see first.

tgb

Nefaro, how do you like your Kindle Fire?  My wife has been asking for the Fire HD for Chanukkah, and Im actually considering going to Best Buy Thursday evening to grab one on sale.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on November 26, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Nefaro, how do you like your Kindle Fire?  My wife has been asking for the Fire HD for Chanukkah, and Im actually considering going to Best Buy Thursday evening to grab one on sale.

I generally just use it for reading.  Often pdf manuals, the occasional e-book, and rarely a video game.  So I don't use it for a wide variety of things.

My big complaint about the Kindle Fire is that it's locked.  Amazon forces you to buy all your apps through their online store.  So if there's a game that's not hosted by Amazon for their Kindles, you're screwed.  Last I looked, the kindle store was way behind the Google Play store.  Luckily most of the games on these are pretty shallow stuff so I don't often get an urge to look for more.

I'm not gonna complain about mine, since it was a gift.  But if I were to buy one for myself, and the savings between the two wasn't a huge consideration, I'd get a do-all android tablet that worked with everything it possibly can.  Not this locked shit that Amazon did (and Apple is notorious for).

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

tgb

Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 07:09:30 AM
Quote from: tgb on November 26, 2013, 09:16:54 PM

I generally just use it for reading.  Often pdf manuals, the occasional e-book, and rarely a video game.  So I don't use it for a wide variety of things.

My big complaint about the Kindle Fire is that it's locked.  Amazon forces you to buy all your apps through their online store.  So if there's a game that's not hosted by Amazon for their Kindles, you're screwed.  Last I looked, the kindle store was way behind the Google Play store.  Luckily most of the games on these are pretty shallow stuff so I don't often get an urge to look for more.

I'm not gonna complain about mine, since it was a gift.  But if I were to buy one for myself, and the savings between the two wasn't a huge consideration, I'd get a do-all android tablet that worked with everything it possibly can.  Not this locked shit that Amazon did (and Apple is notorious for).

My wife is interested in using it for reading or going on line when away from home.  The only gaming she does is on Facebook.  Sounds like this is perfect for her.

bob48

Both me and the missus have Kindle Fire HD's and love 'em. Great for reading and a few games. Lots of free books to download as well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!