Hardcore Henry

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, April 21, 2016, 09:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I went to see this today in an effort to escape the heat.  As a film, it's not too good.  As a spectacle, it's got some amazing scenes. 

The film is basically a first person action shooter game reimagined as a movie.  It could just as easily have been a Far Cry game as a film.  The main character doesn't even have any dialogue in a nod to Half-Life.  The story is utter cheese and mainly serves as an excuse to run from action sequence to action sequence.  The violence is over the top and some of the chase scenes and fight scenes are fantastic.  The camera can get very shaky at times and some of the sequences suffer because of it.

If you are I the mood to put your brain in neutral and just kick back and watch some schlock, there are worse choices.

Nefaro

I'd like to see it for the mindless schlock ultra-violence.

But the fast shaky cam would probably give me a headache at some points.  :-[

Barthheart

Yeah! Looks like a great 6 beer movie.  O0

Staggerwing

Was that Tim Roth egging on the lead?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot