Harpoon 3 scenarios for the PlayersDB

Started by Herman Hum, April 06, 2012, 03:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman Hum

ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Herman Hum

ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

Herman Hum

The 34th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

04.1 First Shots [ANW]
[/size]

Sea of Dragons Battleset - Korean Standoff

A period of rising tension, sparked by the U.S. announcement for withdrawal of the 2nd Division, has characterized relations between North and South Korea. Border incursions by North Korean special forces have increased and several acts of terrorism, carried out in strategic cities (e.g. the destruction of Pusan's main railway signaling centre), have been identified as occurring under North Korean instructions. The rhetoric issuing from both governments has become increasingly bellicose. In order to show commitment, the U.S. has moved the 7th Fleet to the East China Sea and has sent across both ground reinforcements and munitions. Although a number of U.N. resolutions have been passed, condemning the belligerent moves, only the U.K. and the Australians offer more than vocal support. A U.K. Marine Commando is flown to Twenty-Nine Palms and two frigates sent from the Gulf. Australia offers a battalion of troops, a DDG, and two frigates.

ZZZZZZ  093000Z01May84  ZZZZZZ

1.0 SitRep:

The War of Liberation has begun.  Your operation to block the channels leading to Chinhae is hereby ordered to commence.

Author: Herman Hum

04.1 First Shots [ANW]             
Sea of Dragons\1stShot1.SCN

Harpoon HUE users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel

PlayersDB for Harpoon on Facebook

Frequently Asked Questions

FilesOfScenShare   

[/size][/font]

mirth

Hi Herman. Some of us were discussing the Soviet/Russian Lun-Class Ekranoplan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lun-class_ekranoplan) in this thread and someone (GDS_Starfury) asked if it was in Harpoon. I figured if it anyone had added it, it would be you folks with the PlayersDB. Is it included and if so are there any scenarios that make use of it?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Herman Hum

Yes, the Ekranoplan is included within the PlayersDB and it is used for a scenario.  Years ago, a user named SilentHunter needed it for a scenario named, "Devil May Care".  It was based upon a plot from a James Bond movie.  He used ANW v3.9.3 and the scenario worked just fine. 

However, a few months later, AGSI released v3.9.4 and his scenario would not longer work because the unit would just sit there and refused its orders.  The author never bothered to go back and modify his scenario so that is its current state.

mirth

Quote from: Herman Hum on May 16, 2013, 09:51:31 PM
Yes, the Ekranoplan is included within the PlayersDB and it is used for a scenario.  Years ago, a user named SilentHunter needed it for a scenario named, "Devil May Care".  It was based upon a plot from a James Bond movie.  He used ANW v3.9.3 and the scenario worked just fine. 

However, a few months later, AGSI released v3.9.4 and his scenario would not longer work because the unit would just sit there and refused its orders.  The author never bothered to go back and modify his scenario so that is its current state.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew you'd have the answer :) Too bad about the scenario no longer working.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Herman Hum

If you have a real interest in playing the scenario, I can try to go in and get it operational.  Normally, I would not bother to do it because it's not my scenario, but I do not think anyone would mind me fixing it if someone wanted to play it.

LongBlade

Quote from: Herman Hum on May 16, 2013, 09:56:03 PM
If you have a real interest in playing the scenario, I can try to go in and get it operational.  Normally, I would not bother to do it because it's not my scenario, but I do not think anyone would mind me fixing it if someone wanted to play it.

That could be cool.

This month is May-viation here at GrogHeads and we're dedicating the month to military aviation. If you fixed it up and wanted to share some thoughts on it we would be glad to publish it as a front page article. Asking for an AAR might be too much, but I'd take one if you could write it  8)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: Herman Hum on May 16, 2013, 09:56:03 PM

If you fix it, I'll dust off my copy of HUE and give it a play :)

Herman Hum

Thanks for the kind offer and invitation, but I do not think our vision of the Caspian Sea Monster (Lun) is the same.  :)

In Harpoon, we had a choice of simulating the unit as either a very fast ship or an aircraft.  SilentHunter asked that it be created as a ship.  This means that it is unable to actually 'fly' (either over the water or land).  Thus, I do not think it qualifies for May-viation. :(

Herman Hum

Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2013, 10:04:46 PM

Consider it done.  I'll let you know as soon as it is ready.

mirth

Quote from: Herman Hum on May 16, 2013, 10:06:18 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2013, 10:04:46 PM

Consider it done.  I'll let you know as soon as it is ready.

Thanks Herman!

GDS_Starfury

can you model it to act like a cruise missile?  thats pretty much the environment that it operates at over water.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Herman Hum

I was told to make it a very fast ship (250kts) and give it 8x SS-N-3 Shaddock missiles as well as a pair of SA-N-1 Goa [Volna] SAM mounts.  Some Peel Cone and Peel Group radar systems were included for search and guidance.  Those were the specifications given to me by the author in order to meet his needs.

GDS_Starfury

its always about his needs!  what about mine!

;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.