Football Manager 2014 for -75%

Started by JudgeDredd, April 17, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I have a coupon I can trade on Steam for Football Manager 2014.

I already have the game so I'm willing to give this away. I don't need anything to be traded for it...if you want it, lets work out the trade - I've never used that before.
Alba gu' brath

Strela

Hi Judge,

I'd be in your debt if this is still available?

Let me know if I can provide you something in return.

Strela

JudgeDredd

Hi Strela

I need you to contact me on Steam so I can trade it. I've never traded anything - so the experience could be hit and miss.
Alba gu' brath

vyshka

I believe I have one as well.  Same name on Steam, add as a friend and I can send the coupon on its way.

Strela

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 22, 2014, 02:17:42 PM
Hi Strela

I need you to contact me on Steam so I can trade it. I've never traded anything - so the experience could be hit and miss.

Judge,

What is your steam name?

Mine is strela_oz

Strela

Nefaro

I have an FM2014 coupon on Steam too.

Pretty sure it's only good until the second week of May or thereabouts.

weateallthepies

I might be interested in a coupon if anyone still has one going. Have some credit from selling those trading card things so could be a nice cheap way of trying this out. I use the same username on steam.

Is the game easy to get into? I'm not a huge football fan as such, but I've always been interested in management/replay kind of games.

KyzBP

Quote from: weateallthepies on April 24, 2014, 03:45:47 AM
I might be interested in a coupon if anyone still has one going. Have some credit from selling those trading card things so could be a nice cheap way of trying this out. I use the same username on steam.

Is the game easy to get into? I'm not a huge football fan as such, but I've always been interested in management/replay kind of games.

I'll friend you and send/trade you the coupon.

The game can be a bit overwhelming at first but there are a ton of website dedicated to this game so advice and information is available.

KyzBP

Your user name isn't showing up on Steam.  I'll try again after work unless someone sends you one first.

weateallthepies

Thanks, I think my profile was private. Have changed it so try again and see if its showing.

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on April 24, 2014, 04:54:31 AM
Quote from: weateallthepies on April 24, 2014, 03:45:47 AM

I'll friend you and send/trade you the coupon.

The game can be a bit overwhelming at first but there are a ton of website dedicated to this game so advice and information is available.

It takes a little learning if you're not familiar with it but I found the interface to be wonderful and the tooltips to be explanatory enough so that I didn't have to look up a lot.  You may want to learn a bit about the strategy, namely setting up your three formations, but there is plenty of room for experimentation once you are familiar with which player stats are good for which position & role.  The latter is much easier because you can select Position & Role in a few different places to highlight the key stats on each player when setting it up. 

Again, the UI is terrific and helped me greatly in learning the game.

weateallthepies

Cheers, sounds like it might be worth a go if I get it with the discount and Steam credit. Not sure my wife will believe I am playing a football game, but then she has finally accepted the sight of me sitting at a table pushing hundreds of bits of cardboard around on my own. Perhaps a couple of weeks of sarcastic comments before the grudging accpetance.  :)

Strela

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 22, 2014, 02:17:42 PM
Hi Strela

Judge,

Invite received and accepted.

Thanks!

Strela

Grim.Reaper

If anyone still needs a coupon, I have one as well......my user name is the same on Steam.

KyzBP

Quote from: weateallthepies on April 24, 2014, 01:53:26 PM
Cheers, sounds like it might be worth a go if I get it with the discount and Steam credit. Not sure my wife will believe I am playing a football game, but then she has finally accepted the sight of me sitting at a table pushing hundreds of bits of cardboard around on my own. Perhaps a couple of weeks of sarcastic comments before the grudging accpetance.  :)

The coupon has been sent.  It's a great game.  Post your impressions when you get a chance.  Have fun.