Happy "extra long weekend" Friday

Started by Barthheart, April 17, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

What's the gameplay like, Tiger Woods or different?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on April 17, 2014, 09:52:46 PM
What's the gameplay like, Tiger Woods or different?

More like tiger from a gameplay perspective, but not sure if it has all the bells and whistles yet.  Also not sure what kind of tours will be possible.  Hope to play more over weekend.  Also seems like u really need to use controller.

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 17, 2014, 11:20:48 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 17, 2014, 11:17:13 AM
MetalDog is going to be really upset when he sees that you started this thread early.

............without an appropriate kickass song link too

Not a problem in the least.  Got the music right here.  Was going to call this, 'Whole Lotta FRIDAY!!'

And I don't think there will be much game playing this weekend.  Just got a new project on the computer to get started on and the lawn will need mowed.  Sunday will be with my family.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bbmike on April 17, 2014, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 17, 2014, 05:31:20 PM
Still in a sporting mood......Action!PC Golf will likely be the main game for me this weekend again....continue to love playing tournaments in this game...living the dream through a PC game since I can't certainly golf well in real life.

Grim, did you see this at Steam?
Bugger LUGS! That post wasn't even meant for me and it's now on my PC!

I do like a good golf game - but there's been precious few about of late.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

lol - I should've read your comment GR. I can't seem to play without a controller.

I'd prefer to play with mouse, but I can't see how to set it up!

Well - I'll do some reading. If they're going to add mouse control, then maybe I'll just setup some courses for the time being and wait. Otherwise, I'll get a controller. I had one...I used to play Madden but that kind of suggests how old my controller might be. Where the hell it is though I have NO idea!
Alba gu' brath

Anguille

I'll see what i can do with the little time i have, so here's the plan:

- Storm over the pacific pbem
- Time of Fury pbem
- Grand Ages Rome
- Freelancer

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 18, 2014, 01:48:09 AM
lol - I should've read your comment GR. I can't seem to play without a controller.

I'd prefer to play with mouse, but I can't see how to set it up!

Well - I'll do some reading. If they're going to add mouse control, then maybe I'll just setup some courses for the time being and wait. Otherwise, I'll get a controller. I had one...I used to play Madden but that kind of suggests how old my controller might be. Where the hell it is though I have NO idea!

Based on what I read it is primarily designed for controller, but does have so e basic mouse control.  I believe you use and hold right mouse button to aim and then hold the left mouse button to drag down and up to take shot.  But does seem like some people have issues.  From the start they were really pushing controller since I think this will be a cross platform release with Xbox and ps 4.

Grim.Reaper

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 18, 2014, 04:49:35 AM
For jd, a thread on how to use mouse in the new golf club game

http://steamcommunity.com/app/269730/discussions/0/558753718144073627/
I kind of stumbled across it in game once you mentioned it. Thanks for the link though

I actually don't mind the implementation of the mouse...I mean, it doesn't really bother me that there's no "3-click" option.

It's kind of difficult at the moment not knowing how much effort your putting into your swing - and I don't even know how they'd implement that with their controllers. But it is Alpha. Looks great and plays pretty good. The editor looks like it can give you massive amounts of courses. Superb stuff.
Alba gu' brath

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 17, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
I started an epic game of CK II tonight.  Nothing like being in a fight to the death for my Duchy with my great uncle who is married to my sister.....
You've gotta love how that game is just one huge soap opera.  ;D 

By the by, how's the game running with the new patch?  I've not done more than dink around with it a little since the latest update. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on April 18, 2014, 07:54:16 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 17, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
I started an epic game of CK II tonight.  Nothing like being in a fight to the death for my Duchy with my great uncle who is married to my sister.....
You've gotta love how that game is just one huge soap opera.  ;D 

By the by, how's the game running with the new patch?  I've not done more than dink around with it a little since the latest update.

I've had no issues with it and I'm pretty far into my game.

And I agree the stories that come out of this game could make an awesome tv series.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 18, 2014, 07:50:47 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 18, 2014, 04:49:35 AM
For jd, a thread on how to use mouse in the new golf club game

http://steamcommunity.com/app/269730/discussions/0/558753718144073627/
I kind of stumbled across it in game once you mentioned it. Thanks for the link though

I actually don't mind the implementation of the mouse...I mean, it doesn't really bother me that there's no "3-click" option.

It's kind of difficult at the moment not knowing how much effort your putting into your swing - and I don't even know how they'd implement that with their controllers. But it is Alpha. Looks great and plays pretty good. The editor looks like it can give you massive amounts of courses. Superb stuff.

My main concern right now is a lot of the game seems geared towards multiplayer versus single player.  Either way will be a good casual game but would have loved to see single player tours like the old tiger woods game used to have and actual ai golfers

Sir Slash

Decisive Campaigns WtP. I got 2 more turns to capture Warsaw in Case White against a very determined Polish AI. Fortunately, I've got my heavy arty in place and my best units at the city gates with some very helpful cards saved to play to boost performance. And good weather. What could go wrong? Also trying to get Easter presents in past my All-Seeing Wife, for her. This is the same woman who, if I speak to a strange woman in line at the check-out at Wal-Mart, when I get home asks me, "Who was that woman you were talking to"? I think she's wired into their security-feed. :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

A non-gaming weekend....away visiting family for Easter, won't be back until Monday. Sure wish I could afford to enter the world of mobile gaming on a pad device of some sort. Retirement is awesome but it does crimp the spending $$$$'s.

Nefaro

I picked up LnL Heroes of Stalingrad and The Last Federation but dunno if I'll even fire them up this weekend.  Because I'm all ZOMGBIPLANESPEWPEWFTW!!

Plus some family in town which means the kids are having a knockdown/drag-out war to be sole Caesar with Conquest of the Empire on the table(s).