Happy "extra long weekend" Friday

Started by Barthheart, April 17, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Well for me the weekend starts at 4pm today and lasts until the end of Monday.

Going to try and get a board game on the table... not sure which Forgotten Heroes or Thunderbolt-Apache Leader or something else.

Some VASSAL work.

Work on my new game table.

Maybe back into EUIV or CKII

Oh and yard work as the snow has gone again....  :P

Kushan

No long weekend for me. Although if I had known how busy work would be for the last two weeks. I probably would have taken some vacation days.

Going to finish wiring up my new PC tonight. Taken me almost a month to get it up and running. Had to exchange my case and CPU water cooling unit. Going to burn it in with a mix of Diablo 3 and Skyrim. Curious to see how well my new GTX780 handles my modded Skyrim install. EUIV, Distant Worlds, and Command are possibilities as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

Just another weekend for me.  I'll be playing Shadowrun:Dragonfall and keeping an eye on Last Federation to see if it's worth getting at some point.

undercovergeek

CK II and EU IV

had a hankering to get stuck into Dwarf Fortress, but i think 30 mins in ill be wondering why im not playing CKII

having a serious talking to the wallet as Red Dragon becomes more and more tempting

bbmike

OOTP 15 releases tomorrow so certainly that! And continue a game of Alpha Centauri I started after I heard about the next Firaxis game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

PanzersEast

OOTP releases tomorrow, however more importantly it is a weekend for me at least of reflection, introspection, and thanks.  I would be remiss if I did not post something, Happy Easter All!

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

PE

Jarhead0331

Wife is on 24-hour call at the hospital on Sunday, so that means I only have Saturday to play around because I'll be 100% responsible for baby. 

I'll play some more Elite, but I'm stuck on one of the SP missions, so who knows how long that will last.  I'd also like to play some more Wargame: Red Dragon.  If I think about, the maps and the OOB are really a dream come true.  Its the kind of game I always wanted to play as a kid.  Its like exactly what I used to play with all my little toy soldiers.  Finally, I'd also like to jump back into Splinter Cell: Blacklist. 

Sunday, I'll be playing with Amelia in her new Ferrari walker.   

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on April 17, 2014, 07:50:43 AM
Well for me the weekend starts at 4pm today and lasts until the end of Monday.

Going to try and get a board game on the table...

On the board game front I may pack up Combat Commander and get back to the 18th Century with some cranky personal modifications to Battles from the Age of Reason.  I think I'm going to try to push the system up to 1794 and unleash the French Revolutionary armies on some Austrians in the Netherlands.

On other fronts: probably some more CMRT and maybe some online battles in Rome II or whatever happens in Take on Mars.

Tuna

Will be watching the sales.. hoping for a Fallen Enchantress or Age of Wonders deal... Also will be watching the FSX add on sales!...

Sunday will be spent with family..

Happy Easter All!

Shelldrake

I jumped on the Wargame Red Dragon pre-release deal with only hours to go so hope to give it a go this weekend along with finishing Shadowrun Returns.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

sandman2575

Jarhead0331

MetalDog is going to be really upset when he sees that you started this thread early.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 17, 2014, 11:17:13 AM
MetalDog is going to be really upset when he sees that you started this thread early.

............without an appropriate kickass song link too