Main Menu

Got myself a PS4

Started by Tpek, March 28, 2014, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Just a note here- many, many Bluray movies are sold without regional coding. You may be able to play more movies than you think. Check the box or read the online description before purchase.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Yet more reasons to remember what the uber-cute Dodger (and friend) told us:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Got myself Infamous Second Son (which I heard is supposed to be pretty good), but yet to had a chance to play it.

Tpek

So it turns out the controllers have their own speaker :P
And hell, this game makes so much use of everything the PS4 controllers have to offer it's hard to understand the game.
It uses the normal gamepad controls, the touchpad, and that gyroscopic thing Wiimotes have (and the controller speaker as well).

Now I definitely need to get myself a docking station for the controllers. They run out of charge pretty fast with this game.

W8taminute

Good report Tpek on Infamous Son of Sam.  I've been eyeing that game since it came out but have been hesitant to buy it.  Not that I don't think it's a great game but I'm trying to budget my money these days.  Still though, what else do you think about the game?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tpek

Haven't had much of a chance to play.
Just a little.
And I'm rather unused to using controllers (the ol' left stick for movement, right stick for camera), so I'm struggling with it :P

JasonPratt

I love the first inFamous duology, but Yahtzee's review has reduced one of the few things that might convince me to buy a PS4 yet: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9014-inFAMOUS-Second-Son-Bad-Son-Good-Son

Tpek's comments are tracking with that review so far....  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

That guy still does reviews? :P