new Warhammer game in the making: Tactical turn based

Started by Rayfer, March 26, 2014, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

I always wondered why they kept making Warhammer games in real time....not a lot of detail here.  http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/gloriously-averting-damnation/

Nefaro

Sounds interesting but also like you're just being led through a series of set-piece scenarios.  :-\

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Need to read more..... I have been waiting for someone to try this for ages

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jejo68

oi oi oi if this playes out even remotely like the boardgame it will be great.
Especially if they make an online campaign

Tpek

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on March 26, 2014, 04:32:57 PM
Sounds interesting but also like you're just being led through a series of set-piece scenarios.  :-\

So, like the TT game then.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Based on a table top I can't see how else it would be perceived.... it has to be based on set piece scenarios.... for my mind it should be like the new xcom but in ye olde worlde style

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 28, 2014, 12:54:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 26, 2014, 04:32:57 PM

So, like the TT game then.  ;D

I never liked the mechanics of the Warhammer Minis game.  The RPGs were just expanded versions of same, and not very good.  Despite obviously being systems only focused solely on a single block of stat numbers, all the extra cool stuff was tossed in as long-winded modifiers for specific situations.  Instead of cutting down on the need for rules references, as I suspect was the original aim, it just made for more investigating regarding individual abilities/skills/wotnot.  Also not a fan of the d10 or d100 stat rolls that have a long list of DRMs, including the ones from aforementioned situation specific abilities.  It can be DRM hell, especially for the RPGs, and rather dull.

However, I think we need more stat & ability heavy Warhammer PC games.  I'd specifically like to see a new tactical squad-level WH40K title in the vein of X-Com and both 40K and Fantasy themed Action RPGs like Diablo3/Torchlight2.  Just not using the tabletop game mechanics. 

That may sound like heresy to some, but that's my take.  This new game may use it's own system and be quite fun, so it's not a criticism of that specific title.  We don't know much about it yet.  If we're lucky, it'll be reminiscent of WH40K: Chaos Gate.  :)

undercovergeek

If we're lucky it'll be reminiscent of mordheim!! You know, been based on that game and all that  :P

And then they'll reskin it and sell it as necromunda and I'll buy that too

Coming soon mordheim but nothing like it at all  ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 28, 2014, 01:30:13 PM
If we're lucky it'll be reminiscent of mordheim!! You know, been based on that game and all that  :P

Not familiar with it.  Hopefully it doesn't use the same game system as the others.

undercovergeek

Squad based battles with rpg elements..... it should be awesome

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 28, 2014, 01:46:31 PM
Squad based battles with rpg elements..... it should be awesome

Yeah.  I really do have my fingers crossed.  Gonna try to keep from expecting too much, however. 

Sorry for the sourpuss earlier.  "Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed", right?  :P