Main Menu

Breach & Clear?

Started by SgtRock, March 22, 2014, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtRock

It's a tactic combat game on Steam, anyone try this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/ Mac & PC

Grim.Reaper

First came out on mobile...glad to see it is now on steam for pc ....

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6731.msg164757#msg164757

....I thought it was pretty good, but didn't have enough time with it to form a complete opinion.  Reminded me a little of door kickers.

Jarhead0331

Door Kickers is the better game, but B&C is very good in its own right. I got the steam release and although it is clearly a mobile port, it's still pretty good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2014, 03:07:00 PM
Door Kickers is the better game, but B&C is very good in its own right. I got the steam release and although it is clearly a mobile port, it's still pretty good.

JH....how many missions/campaigns included?  Is there an editor where a lot of people are releasing material?

For $9, seems like a possible no brainer....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 22, 2014, 03:10:01 PM

JH....how many missions/campaigns included?  Is there an editor where a lot of people are releasing material?

No editor that I have seen for B&C ( door Kickers has one) but there are I think 5 theaters each with 5 missions each. The PC release added one theater...Columbia, I believe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2014, 03:16:49 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 22, 2014, 03:10:01 PM

No editor that I have seen for B&C ( door Kickers has one) but there are I think 5 theaters each with 5 missions each. The PC release added one theater...Columbia, I believe.

Thanks for the additional information....I really do enjoy Door Kickers so likely will give this a shot even if not totally up to those standards....always room for two:)

skeptical.platypus

Thanks for the lead on Door Kickers! I've been playing Breach & Clear and wishing it was more civilian / swatish.

The Steam PC version has seven areas under the heading Terrorist Hunt: Afghanistan, Turkey, China, Mexico, Germany, Russia, and Columbia. I'm still in Afghanistan, which has five missions.

There are also locked "Bomb Defusal" and "Escape Plan" headings at the same level of Terrorist Hunt. Not sure if there is additional content to be had here.

I've played a number of squad based tactical games, but have managed to miss most of the recent crop. Breach & Clear is fun. It's a casual game for me so far -- good for an hour or so at a sitting. It's added to the pile of reasons I am accumulating to justify a tablet upgrade.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Boggit

It reminds me a little of Jagged Alliance - Back in Action.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Boggit on March 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

I presume you mean in look only, because  in terms of gameplay, they are completely different.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2014, 05:38:25 AM
Quote from: Boggit on March 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

I presume you mean in look only, because  in terms of gameplay, they are completely different.
Yes, you're right. I just got the impression from the link that it looked similar. In terms of gameplay, briefly what is it like - XCOM-ish?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Nah. I'm not sure what you would compare it too. You plot your moves and then it plays out in bursts of a few seconds. Its a WEGO style game. All you control really is the movement path of your operators, as well as their line of fire. Instead of moving and shooting, you can also have any operator use a consumable or take a special action.  Its really pretty basic when you cut down to it, but it still manages to be fun.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

TacticalWargames

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2014, 06:33:28 AM
Nah. I'm not sure what you would compare it too. You plot your moves and then it plays out in bursts of a few seconds. Its a WEGO style game. All you control really is the movement path of your operators, as well as their line of fire. Instead of moving and shooting, you can also have any operator use a consumable or take a special action.  Its really pretty basic when you cut down to it, but it still manages to be fun.
A bit like a CMx2 realtime lite?

Nefaro

Quote from: TacticalWargames on March 26, 2014, 05:27:52 PM
Prefer DoorKickers.

I saw they added varied kit loadouts and such awhile back.  I wonder if they're working on the procedural campaign system yet?  Been waiting for that to get implemented.. should be awesome!

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Boggit on March 26, 2014, 06:27:09 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2014, 06:33:28 AM
A bit like a CMx2 realtime lite?

Only in the sense of both games are wego. I'd describe it more like the planning mode from Rainbow Six, except much lighter.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.