Dark Souls II: Are you ready to be hollow again?

Started by W8taminute, March 12, 2014, 04:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiimori

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 31, 2014, 06:07:03 PM
True, and so I do!

I wonder what's more important; leveling your stats or upgrading your gear? The internet seems to be divided on the subject too.

I upgraded my equipment as far as I could, but there is a natural limit to doing this - you simply don't get enough titanite to upgrade it as long as you wish.

By now I'm level 90 and upgraded my 2 favorite weapons, bow and armor as far as I could (+4 for armor and bow, +3 and +2 for my swords), but since then, I have to spend all my souls for leveling, buying arrows, throwing knives and firebombs - I would love to upgrade my equipment more, but at the moment, I don't come across any titanite and the merchants are sold out.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Yeah I'm also starving for Titanite shards.  I've got quite a few slabs but no shards.  Hopefully we can find another source.  Whoever does please let us know!

Last night I discovered the Belfry Luna's thanks to Hiimori's information.  I joined their order but promptly left it when I realized that all these guys do is prey on the innocent getting easy kills.  It seems whenever someone is in the Belfry Luna members of the order invade them for quick kills to earn Titanite slabs.  It's most always an unfair fight too pitting two Luna's against one innocent explorer.  My character detests dishonor such as this and he rejoined the Blue Sentinels in order to both protect the innocent and punish the guilty.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

Level 103 by now, the Lost Sinner boss is dead (that one took me a bit longer than the others so far, got killed three times before I was victorious.The room was dark, the boss fast and hard hitting and I couldn't get the lockon onto him for long, so I often missed him in melee), the first of the 4 Primal Boss souls (or whatever they are called) collected. I will use it for the 25.000 souls since I don't want to use the weapon one can trade it for. And the higher I come in my level, the less folks seem to hang around in my world...

www.homefrontcenter.de

Hiimori

I killed him yesterday at level 90, but to me, he wasn't too difficult. I died once, but got him in the second attempt. I'm quite fast and rolled around his feet, so he had problems hitting me. His jump attack is dangerous, though.

In addition, I had two good companions with me, who were very helpful (tank types with shields and great sword), so they absorbed most of the damage.

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Good work guys!  Sounds like we're all in the same point more or less in the game.

I also beat him last night with the help of a Way of the Sun member (praise the sun!) and Lucatiel (NPC character who helps you).  Got him on the first attempt.   My strategy was to circle around him while he was busy with my helpers and slash at his flanks and back. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Hiimori

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 17, 2014, 08:55:47 AM
I've also found a petrified woman who seemed to get turned to stone just as she was trying to pull a handle to open a gate. There is an NPC nearby who tells you some things about her, but is pretty clueless himself. I am very curious to find out what has happened to her.
I won't spoil the location, but chances are you will miss it the first few times around.  ;)

I solved this puzzle yesterday  :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

Quote from: Hiimori on April 06, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on March 17, 2014, 08:55:47 AM
I've also found a petrified woman who seemed to get turned to stone just as she was trying to pull a handle to open a gate. There is an NPC nearby who tells you some things about her, but is pretty clueless himself. I am very curious to find out what has happened to her.
I won't spoil the location, but chances are you will miss it the first few times around.  ;)

I solved this puzzle yesterday  :)

Well done! I havent progressed too far since my last post. So many things to do, so little time... :-(
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grimnirsson

The power of the cloud...I moved my save file to the cloud because I was living for two weeks at Hiimoris home since I was renovating my house. Now I'm back to my home again, wanted to play after a 3 week hiatus and started DS2. The game checked for the save file after I pointed to the cloud, an update was necessary and logged me out automatically. I had to agree to terms etc. and then was back in the game...but instead of 'continue' there was only 'new game'. In DS1 I lost my character after playing 140 hours because the save file was 'confused'...and started again, am now again 50h into the first game. Now I have lost my DS2 character after 50h...started again immediately, but I am pissed I can tell you... >:(. If a game can not handle a save file in the cloud or the cloud gets a sync and the game is allowed to start an update, what shitty system is that??? No warning, no nothing, the save just gone... :tickedoff:

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Damn that sucks Grimnirsson.  I remember the pain you went through the last time.  Is there no way you can transfer the cloud save back to the hard drive and see if that works?  Also what if you uninstall DS2, assuming you installed it to your hard drive, and reinstall?  Do not accept the patch and try to run the game in offline mode and search for your saved game which you transferred hopefully back to your hard drive.  If it can find it then I would try to install the patch and see what happens. 

Grimnirsson

No that doesn't work, when I wanted to load the save from the cloud there was still only the new game option. I suppose agreeing with the terms and accepting the patch somehow corrupted the save, or the game automatically checked for a save on the HDD and didn't find one so thought I'm starting new...the cloud synced that and gone was my old file...

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

Happy times!  ;D

DS2 is confirmed for PS4!  :smitten:

I hope a remastered version (or even a sequel) of Dragon's Dogma will be coming to PS4 too.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 25, 2014, 05:49:12 PM
Happy times!  ;D

DS2 is confirmed for PS4!  :smitten:

I hope a remastered version (or even a sequel) of Dragon's Dogma will be coming to PS4 too.

Good news indeed!  I'll probably get DS2 for the PS4 but I'm really waiting for that new Souls game they are rumored to be working on.  Dragon's Dogma is an excellent game as well and if that ever comes out for the PS4 I'll get that too.  Now onto to Google to see if I can find out this news for myself.  :)

Grimnirsson

QuoteGood news indeed!  I'll probably get DS2 for the PS4 but I'm really waiting for that new Souls game they are rumored to be working on.  Dragon's Dogma is an excellent game as well and if that ever comes out for the PS4 I'll get that too.  Now onto to Google to see if I can find out this news for myself.  :)

You mean Bloodborne :) I suppose although being in the tradition of the Souls games this plays differently since there's no shield and combat is faster. That could be the first game I consider a system seller for the PS4, but we will wait for a second generation 1 Tb PS4. There's an XO already with 1 Tb and Sony will follow sooner rather than later.

[/quote]

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

Or, you can just swap out the Harddrive once the 1TB version is available.

Grimnirsson

I don't want to shell out money just because Sony comes out with a too small HD...500 Gb was not enough and it should have been 1 Tb in the first gen PS4. I'll wait for that new gen PS4 and for a good bundle later. I have still plenty of games that I have to play on my good ol' workhorse 360 :)

www.homefrontcenter.de