Main Menu

Steam Down?

Started by Tpek, February 28, 2014, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Well if the summer sale starts tomorrow, I'll have to tell my son it's still not working for one more day, just in case! I have bought CIV games at opening day prices, because I love them that much, but this one does seem like just a Civ V expansion and not really worth 50!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on May 25, 2015, 01:26:29 PM
I was on earlier trying to buy Beyond Earth for my Son, and couldn't get it to go through.. lol.. not that I was unhappy about that, I was trying to talk him into waiting till it's on sale again!

I read that as Earth and Beyond for a minute and nearly had a heart attack! :D

Gusington

The Steam summer sale begins tomorrow??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<runs screaming in terror>

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Glad I read this thread before making any purchases today.  I'l wait until tomorrow.  Let the games begin!!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Can't wait until I can get IL21946 - for like 5 dollah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2015, 08:39:50 PM
Can't wait until I can get IL21946 - for like 5 dollah.

Get it from GOG.com- DRM-free, baby!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Freyland

Steam has their weeklong deals up.  They typically don't do that on top of a sale.  I suppose that doesn't eliminate it starting on Thursday, though.

Gusington

Ooh - thanks Wing. Didn't think IL2 was old enough to appear on GOG.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

What makes you think Steam's Summer sale begins today?

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
Ooh - thanks Wing. Didn't think IL2 was old enough to appear on GOG.

There's lots of good stuff on GOG. It's not all dossy pixels. I linked to GOG's IL2 page in your SWOTL thread a while back.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tpek on May 26, 2015, 03:46:47 AM
What makes you think Steam's Summer sale begins today?
A big sign saying Summer Sale Started?  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

Tpek

Can't find any such sign on Steam, or any special sales.

JudgeDredd

There's nothing there - I was just saying - it is normally a big sign on the main page

Is budd on a wind up?
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Nothing on Steam about a summer sale this morning. Just the same 'weeklong deal' ad.