Main Menu

Weekend Eats

Started by bayonetbrant, March 31, 2012, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 13, 2014, 08:29:42 PM
ya musta ate that in Australia.

:D

Yeah not sure what's up wit the loaded pics but if I click on them they show right side up....  ???

Barthheart

My wife is out of town for the weekend so I get to make a dish she's not fond off.

Grill some chirazo and some chicken.

Then grill some shrimp and peppers.

Cut it all into bite sized pieces. Throw in some smoked paprika sauce and home grown cherry tomatoes.

Throw it all in a pan with sautéed onions, garlic and oregano. Add rice and the sauce and simmer until thickened.

Poor man's Paella. With a good hoppy IPA to compete with the spicy dish.

GDS_Starfury

I like it!  I like it a lot!!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

TheCommandTent

Excuse me while I clean the drool off of my keyboard.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

Those are essentially all the ingredients in the house fajita served by the local Mexican cuisine joint...so I already know it has to be delicious.  O0 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

some days your sucha simpleton.   ::)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Martok

Only some days?!  Damn, I must not be trying hard enough. 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

This was lunch at the office today

prepare before work: dice 1 plum tomato, 1/2 small red onion, 1/2 small green bell pepper and flash-roast in a hot pan for about 3-4 minutes, then stash in a tub with 3/4 cup of cooked chicken (I use Perdue pre-roasted)

Small bag of tortilla chips
1 cup of shredded colbyjack

chips on bottom, half the cheese, chicken and veggies, rest of cheese
nuke in the microwave for 90 seconds

chow down
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

I'd have to ditch the onions, but otherwise that sounds damn tasty. 

GDS_Starfury

Staggerwing

Lemme guess- the person who thought that up lives in Colorado or Washington State?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I might just have to try these next time my father-in-law is here.  He loves him some Kit Kats.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Incidentally, my dinner this morning consisted of smoked ham, baked beans, potatoes au gratin, and a couple pears.  Slightly late in the year for such fare, perhaps, but still damn good. 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 10:34:08 PM

A novel concept.  I could see those being quite tasty. 

Barthheart

Yesterday I made my first Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon using this recipe:

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/julia-childs-beef-bourguignon/f7e0a6c5-710d-4c83-89a6-2a4936fec81a

2.5 hours of prep work and cooking, their 60 minutes is a lie. 3 hours in the oven.

Served with parsley boiled potatoes, a chunk of baguette, and a young, full bodied red wine.

Lots of work but really, really good stew.  :smitten:

GDS_Starfury

Made Texas white wings and a bacon wrapped lobster tail for last night.  They didnt last long enough for an after picture.