Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 28658 times)

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
Yeah, I haven't run into problems yet, but I think I'll wait on some more rounds of bugpatching anyway.

Personally, I'm just glad I found out how to block! -- a super-important skill that I feel pretty sure the game never mentioned how to do.  :buck2:
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Yeah, I haven't run into problems yet, but I think I'll wait on some more rounds of bugpatching anyway.

Personally, I'm just glad I found out how to block! -- a super-important skill that I feel pretty sure the game never mentioned how to do.  :buck2:

The game teaches combat, including blocking and dodging, during the fighting tutorial with Captain Bernard in Rattay.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »
I have solved the Ginger issue without any problems. I was able to avoid engaging in combat.

Without spoiling too much; the next  lead you get takes you to a Priest and there you will experience a truely grand adventure! Its epic! One of the best gaming moments in my recent history!  O0 O0
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »

The game teaches combat, including blocking and dodging, during the fighting tutorial with Captain Bernard in Rattay.

I did that literally first thing on my to-do list. Maybe I was too awesome at it, because I kept expecting him to teach me to block but he never did. He just up and quits, and I was shocked, thinking, "Well, that was abrupt, but the lesson isn't over. Is it?! Are they going to teach me to block later? Shouldn't that have been, like, the first recap, maybe after stressing movement?"

Maybe I wasn't paying sufficient attention somehow (despite paying enough attention to think I hadn't been taught to block, and wondering during the fistfight if now I'd be taught.)
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2018, 02:35:38 PM »

I did that literally first thing on my to-do list. Maybe I was too awesome at it, because I kept expecting him to teach me to block but he never did. He just up and quits, and I was shocked, thinking, "Well, that was abrupt, but the lesson isn't over. Is it?! Are they going to teach me to block later? Shouldn't that have been, like, the first recap, maybe after stressing movement?"

Maybe I wasn't paying sufficient attention somehow (despite paying enough attention to think I hadn't been taught to block, and wondering during the fistfight if now I'd be taught.)

That is really bizarre. Not sure why they would use different triggers for training. If anything, I proved that I'm pretty good at melee combat since I beat the snot out of the guy who owed my father on the first try. Now...archery...that's a totally different story.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
I read over at RPG.com that DLC plans to include playing as a woman character. That opens up soooo many possible great but sexist one-liners......  ::)  You might want to forgo the 'Child Birth' add-on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
Are you kidding?
"I have to say, it sure does look like somewhere I would really, really like.  Except for the cold of course.  But, I'll bet I could adapt to that. ”

- Toonces, The Arctic Wonder Commander

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »
ME? Kid? Always, but NEVER about Medieval life experiences. That's my 'Safe Space'. It's on the RPG.com frontpage which unlike some places are only 'mythical' in nature. It's too early for April Fool.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
My Bad!  It's RPGWatch.com. Sorry for the confuse. Who will be first to play as Lady Mc Groghead?  :2funny:

Offline mikeck

• Condottieri
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »
I haven’t started this game yet and I understand that the first 4-6 hours is a tutorial; and therefor on rails. How much does the game “open up” after that? Is it more of a Skyrim style mechanic where there is a storyline but you can do all sorts of stuff and work the story when you want? Are there a lot of side missions?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »
Holy $hit! The Drinking Binge quest with Goodwin the Priest? Most fun I've ever had in an RPG. Fantastic game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2018, 11:44:44 PM »
See! I told you! :D

I've now visited Sasau. There's a big monastery there. Impressive building.
Rattay remains the only walled town I've come across. The rest are settlements, farmsteads or camps so far.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:00:59 AM by Yskonyn »
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Ian C

• Viking
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:35 AM »
Hotfix Patch:

Release Notes for version 1.2.5
20 FEBRUARY   - MARTIN.KLIMA
This is hotfix patch for the following issues:

• Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat (only applicable when playing with a controller)
  • Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
  • Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle

The version displayed in Main menu is 1.2.5

This patch is compatible with all current mods (in as much as these mods are compatible with our game).

Offline trek

• Equites
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2018, 08:03:47 AM »
KCD devs have implemented the Save Game Patch. It is now Live!

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2018, 08:13:26 AM »
KCD devs have implemented the Save Game Patch. It is now Live!

This is the 'Save and Exit functionality' and doesn't add free saves in game (still needs a mod to do that).