Author Topic: DCS Discussion  (Read 83939 times)

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
Re: DCS Discussion
« Reply #885 on: February 16, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »
I didn't watch the video, but if you're navigating your Hornet by ADF you are having a really, really bad day.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #886 on: February 16, 2018, 02:56:04 PM »
This is pretty cool - an hour long mind

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:28:41 PM by JudgeDredd »
I AM the Law

Online Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #887 on: February 18, 2018, 01:10:31 AM »
This is pretty cool - an hour long mind

<..vid..>

They have a big Team PvP match on Sundays.  Fun watching the replay of the action on YT later on.  O0

Offline Apocalypse 31

• Viking
« Reply #888 on: February 18, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
I really dig their videos.

I especially enjoy how they merge DCS and ArmA missions from different perspectives.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:22:37 PM by Apocalypse 31 »

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #889 on: February 21, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »
For your consideration:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #890 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:52 PM »
^ Have it, works great. The programming software manual finally got translated from Russian.  It's insane the amount of stuff you can program it to do, I don't even use most of it cause it's almost like cheating. 

I really just got it it because I wanted the smoothest feel possible, and it definitely has that.

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #891 on: February 21, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »
You need to expand on that.  I'm not seeing a lot of non-English stuff, and this is something the hardcore will be interested in.

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #892 on: February 21, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »
VKB is a Russian company and for years they produce these elite level controllers with powerful programing software. You could do things like make your aircraft trim on axis that didn't even have trim in RL.  I could never do much with the software cause the manual was always released in Russian until last month they finally released one in English.  It's still super complicated to do some of the technical programing. 

I really just use the in game programing like every one else and it works great for that.

I also like the spring / Cam system they use, far smoother than the warthog.  Comes with sets of different cams and springs with built in dampeners so you can dial in exactly how much tension / resistance you want.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #893 on: February 22, 2018, 10:09:17 AM »
Is the Modern Combat Grip plastic or metal?
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #894 on: February 22, 2018, 10:33:22 AM »
Metal internals, metal trigger, metal brake lever.  The exterior is plastic, but it's pretty tough and well made. The warthog might have a metal exterior, but it's a facade.  It's internals are low grade and I've hade tons of problems with mine, that's why I switched to VKB.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »
How much? How about a throttle?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #896 on: February 22, 2018, 10:42:02 AM »
They have a throttle in the planning phase but that will be a year away.  I just use my warthog throttle, which works fine.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #897 on: February 22, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »
They also offer the Gunfighter base with an adapter to mount your Warthog stick.
This would be my prefered setup. All metal cam system for its gimbals, but the Warthog grip.
If I would go this route, would the device be recognised as a Warthog stick still or does the Gunfighter base has its own USB ID? In other words, are the electronics housed inside the stick or the base?
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2018, 01:24:47 PM »
VKB sells the adapter that you have to install inside the warthog grip.  Once that's done, it's compatible to connect to the gunfighter base and is recognized as a gunfighterVKB.  It will no longer be identified as a warthog.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #899 on: February 23, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
Thanks Scoop. I might hold off then.
Getting the ‘long’ and ‘short’ bindings into DCS for the TMS and the like might be a pain in the ass to configure . I am not sure I have the will to figure that stuff out.
My Warthog is from the first batch run and it has no stiction and no issues.