Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion  (Read 63165 times)

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion
« Reply #825 on: November 09, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
The Careers for Il2 BP, FC, and tank crew have been released, giving it a spin.

Ugh.  I swore I wouldn't dig into this until I got my new 34" Curved Monitor and Thrustmaster Warthog in December. 

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #826 on: November 09, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
Thanks, but I was more interested in tutorials and training missions for Tank Crew. Youtube videos are great, but I prefer interactive missions with instruction, similar to how DCS does it.

Wait, which DCS modules have that?  ???
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #827 on: November 10, 2019, 08:53:47 AM »
Thanks, but I was more interested in tutorials and training missions for Tank Crew. Youtube videos are great, but I prefer interactive missions with instruction, similar to how DCS does it.

Wait, which DCS modules have that?  ???

Ummmmm....just about all of them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #828 on: November 10, 2019, 02:31:31 PM »
Requiem's youtube tutorials are very good.  He covers everything from basic fighter ops to very detailed how to on each specific aircraft.  Also you can get some in cockpit references via the specs tab of the map.

If all else fails, jump in to the career right now and use the p-51 in the battle of the bulge.  The p-51 is like the 109 where everything is automated so you can focus on just dogfighting, plus it handles like a dream and 777's version of it is amazing.

I agree, an in game tutorial would have been nice.

I did jump in and figured most out by just setting up my controls for it.  Tank crew has it's own controls tab in the settings, however they are not exclusive so some things from flight will override into tanks like snap view settings.

One cool thing is that you can drive the tank while in the gunner or commander seat by using your HOTAS throttle for forwards and backwards and rudder pedals for left right....it works really good.

You have to control the main gun with the mouse, wont let you do it with your HOTAS stick, but the mouse worked ok.  I set the sight range adjust to the 2 aux/side mouse buttons and the mouse wheel controls the magnification. 

2 missions into the German Kursk Campaign and it's pretty fun.  Nothing earth shattering, but fun and impressive that they could do this with the engine of a flight sim.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 02:34:26 PM by Skoop »