Main Menu

Farming Giant

Started by Huw the Poo, August 20, 2013, 06:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Coming August 25

QuoteIn the best tradition of the giants-series the player will get a first-class business simulation crafted with a lot of details. The player will build farms, maintain and upgrade his properties. Whether farming or ranching, the experience covers all parts of agriculture. With the right strategy and the courage for expansion, international success is guaranteed. A huge gameworld, a variety of production processes and trade opportunities and various game modes as well as achievements provide long-lasting fun. Furthermore the agricultural giant impresses with wide range of management options (from seed to distribution - the players takes decisions by himself) and an extensive fleet of vehicles. A detailed skill tree provides RPG elements and offers the opportunity to specialize more and more!

I'm very interested in this.  I've always fancied the Agricultural Simulator games but they seem to be at least 50% about driving the tractors yourself, which is not what I want.  I just want a pure farming sim, and I have done ever since I played Sim Farm as a nipper.

undercovergeek

i need the KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN avatar for when ever you do this to me!!!

you do know youll............................

HAVE TO STOP PLAYING DOTA2 to make it work!!?

Huw the Poo

Haha Geek!  Stop talking about Dota 2 and start playing it!  Come into the light!

Anyway, I really ought to do more research before feverishly posting threads about games.  First, I went to the dev's website which looks more like a publisher's website.  It turns out Farming Giant has been out since 2012.  No links to buy the games though!  So I fired off an email enquiring about it, and got the following response:

QuoteHi,
we do not sell on libredia.com.
simply goole the game. it is available for download on plenty of download sites

Sent from my iPhone

:o

At least they replied promptly...

Anyway, following their advice I searched for it (I most certainly did not "goole" it, nor did I use the slightly more popular Google advertising company search engine - I used a proper search engine) and found the entry on Gamersgate.  There are numerous users there saying the game is buggy as shit and good luck getting support in English.  Bugger.

undercovergeek

another one to scratch off my Huw Spreadsheet of Excess Expenditure!

son_of_montfort

Yeah, this has been on Gamersgate for quite some time. There is a demo you can download and it was so buggy that it pushed me right away from the game (80% of the time, I couldn't even launch the title, and it was quite random when it "worked). The UI is terrible and you have no idea how and why to do certain actions.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

ross_ntu

I think Farming Simulator 2013 is the best of the bunch - I have it and it is kind of fun, but it is also more based on "driving the tractor yourself" so to speak.

Darkspire

I tried 2012, nice GFX shame about the gameplay. I too have often looked for a good farming sim, about the closest I have come is Minecraft, I breed chickens, cows, pigs, multi colored sheep, grow wheat, carrots, melons and a few other bits, just built a redstone powered wheat harvester and am proceeding to automate a few other bits of my farm, water flow is next and how to use that to help matters.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Nefaro

When I saw the "Farming Giant" thread title, I thought perhaps you were playing another MMO.

:P

Huw the Poo

What do you mean, another MMO?  I haven't installed one of those since....oh, Saturday!

(That was Defiance.  It was arse)

ross_ntu

Quote from: Darkspire on August 20, 2013, 05:09:43 PM
I tried 2012, nice GFX shame about the gameplay. I too have often looked for a good farming sim, about the closest I have come is Minecraft, I breed chickens, cows, pigs, multi colored sheep, grow wheat, carrots, melons and a few other bits, just built a redstone powered wheat harvester and am proceeding to automate a few other bits of my farm, water flow is next and how to use that to help matters.

Darkspire

Sounds impressive!  Most I ever managed was a bit of wheat that I usually accidentally stood on and wrecked.  I didn't even realise you could breed animals.

Darkspire

The multi colored sheep pen, I just bred the red, yellow and the dark green and white ones, the colors are blended as you can see from the orange and light green lambs  :) once grown you can sheer the sheep and can use the colored wool for building projects. The chickens are in the pen to the back of this one, cows, tree farm, wheat machine and general produce to the right, pigs and mooshrooms are kept underground

Darkspire

Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Huw the Poo

I had a setup like that, and decided I wanted the sheep penned by colour.  Let me tell you, selectively herding sheep by colour into separate pens was a nightmare!

Darkspire

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 21, 2013, 02:31:11 AM
I had a setup like that, and decided I wanted the sheep penned by colour.  Let me tell you, selectively herding sheep by colour into separate pens was a nightmare!

That's fairly easy, just make the pens and put two white sheep in each one and dye the sheep the color you want, then all you do is breed those two and you end up with a pen full of one color, I have found though that you only need one of each color except white, with the shears you can get more than enough wool for projects from them, the new update seems to have made the wool grow back quicker. When I first set the farm up I had limited room and I made the mistake of putting cows and sheep together, as they were both led by wheat it was building walls with mud to funnel them apart into the new pens when I built them, I had sheep, cows, pigs and chickens running about everywhere, I was switching wheat to seeds, seeds to wheat trying to herd them into the new pens as the old single level fence posts were not keeping them contained and I was forever chasing livestock and putting them back in  :o The space at the back of the image is for horses, problem is that there is not a crafting recipe for saddles, you have to trade (I think) or find them in chests, hope they put a recipe in, been looking for ages and can't find any.

Darkspire

Yskonyn

Lol, I never thought Minecraft would be a game brought up in any Farming Sim thread, but here we are :)

Brings back the fun times I've had with the game on our private server. It's a pretty unique concept. But now all the members of that server have grown up, got kids, busy jobs... you know; definately not cool to tell your colleagues you're playing a certain game and showing them some screens. :P

Seriously though, Minecraft keeps amazing me with what is actually possible in the game with some creative thinking.

Oh and that response from that publisher/dev?! O_o WTF?!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Darkspire on August 21, 2013, 02:56:47 AM
That's fairly easy, just make the pens and put two white sheep in each one and dye the sheep the color you want, then all you do is breed those two and you end up with a pen full of one color

Well yeah, I know that, but by the time I'd decided to segregate them I already had loads of coloured sheep and thought - mistakenly - it would be easier/quicker to just separate them than starting again. :)