X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkspire

First real trailer for X Rebirth. Looks like I will be building a new PC over the next few months  :) I have built a new one ever since watching the gameplay slideshow that happened when I tried to run Beyond The Frontier on a P55  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNs1rdSkUi8

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Kushan

WOW! Just WOW!.

Between being able to actually walk around your ship and space stations and the shear scale of the game, only being able to pilot one ship isn't such a big deal anymore. And given the X modding community I'm sure that ability will be added in time.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

son_of_montfort

Still no word on when it will come out?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

mikeck

Holy crap that's beautiful. Not sure it will ever come out though.Lol
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Darkspire

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 08, 2013, 12:27:39 PM
Still no word on when it will come out?

'Egosoft and Deep Silver will bring the next giant leap in space combat and exploration to fans in Europe on November 15, and Tri Synergy is bringing it to North America on November 19th!'

Quote from: Kushan on August 08, 2013, 12:27:08 PM
WOW! Just WOW!.

Between being able to actually walk around your ship and space stations and the shear scale of the game, only being able to pilot one ship isn't such a big deal anymore. And given the X modding community I'm sure that ability will be added in time.

And the cockpit is back is as well  ;D did have some doubts watching this grow over the last few years but having seen all the bits put together it really does seem to be the X I have been waiting for since X2 and the canceled 'The Return', The X games after that were good but just did not have the same atmosphere and immersion as X2, looks like a return to the old UI with added ship characters and the long asked and waited for ability to enter the complexes and ships FPS.

Can't wait  ;D

This video explains the scale, really blew me away when I first saw it, the trailer only scratches the surface ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbL1p5vZpw

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Yskonyn

Sweet! I'll definately get this upon release. I wasted countless nights playing X3 Reunion when I lived abroad. Alone killing the time in between shifts.
Rebirth looks awesome!!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Steelgrave

Wow! Please, please, please don't let this suck! It looks like Privateer on steroids! Potential awesomeness!

RooksBailey

Also a controller vid:

Steam page here:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/2870/

Looks great, but I am going to remain circumspect. Egosoft has proven themselves to be dedicated game devs, but this looks like a massively ambitious project, even for them. Add in the fact that the game is almost two years overdue, something that suggests more than a few development problems. This game is either going to take off like a rocket and be an instant classic, or it is going to be one of those over-ambitious projects that people will say "it could have been great if only...." Knowing gaming, I fear the latter is far more likely. But here's hoping for the former!

Edit: Anybody going to be in Germany at the end of the month?

QuoteWe'd like to invite all our fans to visit the gamescom during the 22nd to 25th of August in Cologne. You will have the chance to play the new Egosoft title for the first time in public at the Deep Silver booth in hall 9.1 B11/C10. Be among the very first to set foot in the new universe of X Rebirth and gain a quick impression of its looks and gameplay.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

mikeck

Yeah, I'm hoping the comments don't have the dreaded "the game has a lot of potential"
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

I like how you can move around your ship... Even just a little. Helps immersion

panzerde

Wow.  Please let this live up to the trailer and not suck!

Between this, Star Citizen, and Elite: Dangerous we have to get at least one good one, right?  Right?!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

I haven't played an X title before.  What type of game is it?

RooksBailey

Quote from: jomni on August 08, 2013, 07:01:10 PM
I haven't played an X title before.  What type of game is it?

Like Eve Online or Freelancer.  It is a single player space sim where you explore, trade and fight your way to building a business empire.  The game is incredibly deep, but it has one of the toughest learning curves in all of gaming.   It is not a steep learning curve as much as a hostile learning curve.   ;D  Sometimes I think the devs did everything they could to scare people away from trying their game!

Here is a vid:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway