Author Topic: Carrier (Solitaire, VG)  (Read 16296 times)

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
Re: Carrier (Solitaire, VG)
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2019, 08:38:31 AM »

Yes, on my "to do" list! The existing module is screaming for an update and I'd love to use these graphics for it.  Not to toot my own horn (careful!) but the printed graphics look sweeeet and I think that it would work great for the VASSAL module as well.

GJK will you update the Vassal module with the new kit graphics?

:bd:

He lives! The module has been updated with all new graphics (v2.0): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Carrier

Let me know if anybody finds any issues or has any suggestions!

:notworthy:
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
Just noticed this thread because I'm currently on the lookout for another VG title, Vietnam 1965-1975.  It sounds like I need to go to Gen-con.

and just some general advice, or at the very least my humble opinion.  Unless you're on the verge of death due to starvation don't sell your unboxed unpunched game for 100 bucks.  It's not worth it.  Now if someone is willing to give you a grand or more for it then you might consider it. 
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »
Did someone sell an unpunched copy of Vietnam 1965-75 for $100 recently?

Ive been thinking for the last couple of months that I need to reacquire this game (owned it twice before!). Its so good. Id be satisfied with a punched copy though. All I really need is the rule book in decent shape. Id play it on Vassal.

Last time I looked, prices were reasonable on EBay.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2019, 07:02:01 AM »

Ive been thinking for the last couple of months that I need to reacquire this game (owned it twice before!). Its so good. Id be satisfied with a punched copy though. All I really need is the rule book in decent shape. Id play it on Vassal.

I recently saw some copies being sold on eBay for under 150.  Both copies I saw for sale were unpunched and one was even still in shrinkwrap.  I just can't bring myself to buy anything off of eBay because of all the horror stories I've heard.   
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline GJK

• Condottieri
    • www.the-proving-grounds.com
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »
Just noticed this thread because I'm currently on the lookout for another VG title, Vietnam 1965-1975.  It sounds like I need to go to Gen-con.

and just some general advice, or at the very least my humble opinion.  Unless you're on the verge of death due to starvation don't sell your unboxed unpunched game for 100 bucks.  It's not worth it.  Now if someone is willing to give you a grand or more for it then you might consider it.

I actually did sell it.  To be honest, with the upgrade kit that I made (and have printed and played on), I couldn't ever go back to playing on the original components and with PDF's of all of my materials, I'm always just a reprint away from having another copy of the game.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Offline DennisS

• Viking
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »

I recently saw some copies being sold on eBay for under 150.  Both copies I saw for sale were unpunched and one was even still in shrinkwrap.  I just can't bring myself to buy anything off of eBay because of all the horror stories I've heard.   

I have purchased one, single thing off of E-Bay in my life, a copy of Tokyo Express. After 30 full days, I still didn't have the game, and it was the very last day to give input. This is after MANY emails to the seller. So..I left a bad review. I got SMOKED with a bad review by the seller. He had a 91% rating for 2000+  sells, I had a ZERO percent rating after one purchase. I received the game two weeks later. SMH...

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2019, 08:06:31 PM »
Partially punched copy just went for $90 on Facebook CONSIM marketplace.

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
How much is an unpunched copy worth?  Asking for....a friend...   :hide:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG