Marvel Cinematic Universe Running Thread

Started by Centurion40, May 22, 2013, 09:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 15, 2014, 09:31:29 AM
Quote from: mirth on October 15, 2014, 08:24:25 AM
Chris Evans has been quite vocal about not playing Cap beyond his six movie deal which will likely end with Avengers 3. Marvel is already setting up Sebastian Stan (Bucky) to take over the part. Stan is under contract for 9 movies.

That's interesting. I wonder if they'll kill him off?

I would call this foreshadowing:

Any time is a good time for pie.

BanzaiCat

Well, obviously, 40. I mean Cap/Evans getting capped. I was just wondering how Hollywood would see it, if it'll be the same as the comics.

Martok

Quote from: mirth on October 15, 2014, 08:24:25 AM
Chris Evans has been quite vocal about not playing Cap beyond his six movie deal which will likely end with Avengers 3. Marvel is already setting up Sebastian Stan (Bucky) to take over the part. Stan is under contract for 9 movies.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that.  Well I'd say that pretty much seals the Cap's fate then, yes? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

I just assumed another 6 superheroes or so would show up (as hinted) at the end of Av2. ;)

Though since Cap2 spoiled that Shield already knew about several of them, including Dr. Strange, the internet leak point still holds I guess.

This brings up an interesting point for the current Agents of Shield show, however, since this really ought to mean a bunch of common people already know about Graviton, the Absorbing Man, and other potential/actual supervillains on that show. For that matter, the minor Cap villain (from the comics, the brainwashing guy) who was promoted to lead main badguy this season, ought to have had his cover entirely blown and be unable to operate as a pretend-English businessman anymore. Also his 2nd-in-command for that matter.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 15, 2014, 02:44:52 PM
Well, obviously, 40. I mean Cap/Evans getting capped. I was just wondering how Hollywood would see it, if it'll be the same as the comics.

:)

That's why they call me "Captain Obvious"!!  ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Well, the first official Av2 trailer just went live.

Raymond Reddington finally gets tired of those Blacklisters constantly endangering Lizzy (this time apparently dressing her in a red costume for 'playtime') and armors up. "I'm going to show you something beautiful. People screaming for mercy," he growls. But the process drives him crazy and he starts singing a theme song from a very old Disney cartoon. Most of the Avengers are perplexed by this (while Reddington's ex-wife -- WHO NO DOUBT PURELY BY COINCIDENCE strongly resembles Lizzy -- screams in some debris, possibly in ironic counterpoint to Reddington's typically colorful threat), but Iron Man is too busy fighting the Hulk to notice until it's too late.

"There are no strings on me," Reddington growls as he activates the House Party Protocol.

Ten out of Five Stars, best movie ever, earns all the money.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Just in case you thought I was only kidding or insane.

See? Not only kidding or insane.  :D

BanzaiCat

Shiiiiiiiiit, I wanna see the Hulkbuster armor in action!!!

Thanks, Marvel. Ensuring that I blow another $50 when I take my kids to see this in Super 3D/Mega Sound Stadium etc. etc. seating.

Sir Slash

So, it'll be the Avengers vs .... the Transformers? Is this Ultron the Tony Stark AI from the Iron Man films gone rouge or something else? I was thinking Thanos would be the next bad guy after the end of Avengers 1.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

In the comics, Ultron is an old, old enemy of the Avengers.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 23, 2014, 07:38:52 AM
In the comics, Ultron is an old, old enemy of the Avengers.

And also, per his original introduction filtered through Marvel Cinematic continuity, the Tony Stark AI from the Iron Man films gone rogue.

Originally, Ultron wasn't built by Henry Pym, but by Jarvis the Butler, who had turned supervillain when no one was looking. This was quickly retconned by the end of the original story arc, as Jarvis having been victimized by Ultron -- which may still be the case here after all, since they're combining Jarvis with the Vision origin story. But that left over an unexplained Ultron origin, and so the standard continuity explanation was born. Which we may get indications of in the subsequent Ant-Man film.

Meanwhile, consider James Spader's voice coming from the Ultron version "Jocasta" which Ultron built in order to have sex with Pym and seduce him away from Janet. ......AAAAHHH!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 22, 2014, 09:57:24 PM
Just in case you thought I was only kidding or insane.

See? Not only kidding or insane.  :D

<dribble/drool>

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2014, 11:06:37 AM
"There are...no strings on me"

duh-amn!

No shit. Other supervillains sure could learn a thing or two about monologuing from that guy...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys