RPG new Tileset, harder gameplay,new monsters,settings balanced

Started by gameleaper, March 23, 2013, 01:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

gameleaper

I've decided to cease programing, because if you can play games like dominion3, why would anybody play my attempts at a game :( I simply rather be playing WitP or dom3, so goodbye to hard work hello entertainment :)

Tamas

That's never a nice thing to read :(

I have been keeping an eye on your threads and games. Sad truth is, I have games I payed for lining up in queue waiting for me to play them. So freeware attempts usually get left ignored by me.
I feel in today's market, you either have to use solo game-programming attempts as practice for landing a similar job somewhere, or try to come up with something really unique to get your thing going.

But hey, you already achieved more than about 90% of the gaming crowd. :) Everybody wants this and that kind of game, wanting to change such or such in existing ones, but very few puts in the effort to create their very own game. :)

So I hope you are not too disillusioned or anything. :) If you enjoyed creating your games, that's most certainly time better spent than clicking away on something else. :) And I won't say "keep making games I will be sure to test them" because I can't make a promise like that. But don't feel bad for creating games, because that must be awesome, and if you still enjoy the process of creation, continue. :) If not, just play :)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tamas on March 24, 2013, 01:16:40 PM
Sad truth is, I have games I payed for lining up in queue waiting for me to play them. So freeware attempts usually get left ignored by me.

This is true of me too, unfortunately.  However I did try to download your game but the link above is giving me a 500.

QuoteBut hey, you already achieved more than about 90% of the gaming crowd. :)

Absolutely!  You should be really proud of yourself.  I keep trying to learn to code, but I never get more than three or four chapters into a textbook before something else gets my attention, and thus I never learn.  That you made an entire game - and an RPG, no less! - is amazing to me.  I hope you'll reconsider giving up. :)

gameleaper

Thankyou for your kind comments, but Im not sad :) Im going full-time into playing games. Its nice to know some people are aware of my software challenges though thanks.

Huw the Poo

gameleaper

I watched alot of youtube tutorials, and Games I was struggleing with now I like, so why not full time :)

bbmike

gameleaper, maybe you can try modding existing games. You do have talent!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on March 24, 2013, 03:29:54 PM
gameleaper, maybe you can try modding existing games. You do have talent!

very interesting Idea! thankyou.

JasonPratt

Incidentally, Dominions 3 happens to be fairly easy to mod.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

gameleaper

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 25, 2013, 01:32:09 PM
Incidentally, Dominions 3 happens to be fairly easy to mod.  8)

modding is interesting, but I dont think its for me :( Im now a player of games instead of creator :)