Author Topic: News  (Read 945 times)

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
News
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »
Lacking a front page for the moment I've added a news string across the top of the front page of the forums. This is currently set to fade out and refresh every six and a half seconds. In addition, at the top right of each page will be a news post that refreshes with every new page.

Thoughts?

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
Re: News
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »
Nice job, LB. Maybe speed up the fade transitions a bit, if possible. You could probably also cut the refresh down to 4-5 seconds.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"We're so fooked." - me

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
Nice job, LB. Maybe speed up the fade transitions a bit, if possible. You could probably also cut the refresh down to 4-5 seconds.

The default was five, but I thought it might be better to linger longer.

But it sounds like I should have gone the other way.

BTW, for the speed readers out there, the rotation is expressed in milliseconds. Do I have a low bid? ;)

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
OK, dialed down to four seconds. That should give enough time to sorta long headlines (limit is currently sent to 255 characters and is changeable).

Also, be sure to note that the URLs are active and you can click them which should bring up a new tab in your browser.

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »
Yeah, four seconds seems good. The character length seems okay too. Thanks for the heads up on the links.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"We're so fooked." - me