The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Well, looks like the news was announced today...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3236081

undercovergeek

please tell me its finished and theyre just publishing it

dont let them unleash the might and power of the War In Flames PR machine and i have to wait another 12 years

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

According to the press release, seems like they still have to go through final beta yet...so I am guessing we might have some time left and wouldn't be surprised if Matrix tries and adds their own flavor to it before released:)  Now the fun part will be is how much they will charge for this.  Anyone thinking in the $80+ range like their more popular big games?

Bison

Mixed feelings here.  I like that wargames are being consolidated under one roof for easy of access, but I fear the fact that in 10 years it'll cost as much as on release day.

undercovergeek

yup 80-100 and ill leave a note in my will telling my grandchildren to expect it anytime soon

its awesome news, i think its great they have a publisher and im onboard with matrix/slitherine - as long as it just doesnt get buried.

undercovergeek

and why do they insist on having a forum on matrix for it and a forum on slitherine for it recently - just put 'see matrix' in the other one, theres always info in one that isnt in the other

Zulu1966

Well he said they would announce a release date in his post. "Still in development" is about as loose as it can get - and news about a publisher is about as unexciting news as it can be. 70 - 80 buks at least I would think.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bison on December 19, 2012, 03:18:50 PM
Mixed feelings here.  I like that wargames are being consolidated under one roof for easy of access, but I fear the fact that in 10 years it'll cost as much as on release day.

Very true....

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 19, 2012, 03:20:25 PM
and why do they insist on having a forum on matrix for it and a forum on slitherine for it recently - just put 'see matrix' in the other one, theres always info in one that isnt in the other

This is one of my biggest issues with Matrix and Slitherine....if you are one company now, why not have combined forums and stores?  I have a feeling they are setup this way in cas they ever dissolve and go separate ways in the future:)

steve58

Good news, thanks...hope they can keep the price out of the WitPAE and WitE ballpark.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 19, 2012, 03:30:28 PM
Well he said they would announce a release date in his post. "Still in development" is about as loose as it can get - and news about a publisher is about as unexciting news as it can be. 70 - 80 buks at least I would think.

I think Matrix may be able to help them since they have some kind of a game, but aren't sure how to package it.  Three crucial steps:

1) Change the name (anything at all is better than "Command" -- that's like naming something "Big Thing")
2) Make sure it actually works installation and graphics-wise on a wide range of machines
3) package it and sell it

undercovergeek

2a - get an old guy with a heart condition to finish the programming for you

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 19, 2012, 04:21:24 PM
2a - get an old guy with a heart condition to finish the programming for you

1a change the name to Byzantium 1908.  With a 'z' that's +60 bucks for the next decade!

spelk

I thought the name "Command" was one chosen as a winner out of a competition to name the game!

I still think Red Pill was a better more identifiable/catchy name.

Perhaps "Naval War Z" will sell more copied? ;)