Feedback on AAR for Civilization V, Gods & Kings

Started by bayonetbrant, December 16, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2013, 09:59:26 AM
one more!  live today!

its been entertaining AND informative .... I for one would love MOAR!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 14, 2014, 11:34:59 AM
I might just have another Civ V AAR in me somewhere :)
I'll be there if you do.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

Quote from: Martok on January 14, 2014, 03:49:37 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 14, 2014, 11:34:59 AM
I might just have another Civ V AAR in me somewhere :)
I'll be there if you do.  8)

I also would be there reading it.

Please?!

If someone else was to do a 4x space game, long time period AAR, I'd be there too

Martok

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2014, 04:36:54 PM

If someone else was to do a 4x space game, long time period AAR, I'd be there too
Any game or games in particular?  I've been rolling around a few different ones in my head the last few weeks. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Windigo

Quote from: Martok on January 14, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

Any game or games in particular?  I've been rolling around a few different ones in my head the last few weeks.

What ever one floats your boat. Perhaps Sword of the Stars 2??

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Martok on January 14, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

You going to do a BotF one?

I've been thinking about that. I would like to finish that Covert Action one I started, but I can't wrap my head around it.

Martok

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2014, 05:44:03 PM
Perhaps Sword of the Stars 2??
Sorry, that's one game I don't own.  I have the first SotS, and while I can see its merits, it just doesn't do anything for me personally. 

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2014, 06:56:04 PM
You going to do a BotF one?
That's one of the games I've been considering, yes.  A Cardassian or Klingon AAR has sounded especially appealing lately, although I've not ruled anyone out yet. 

That being said, trotting out my other big favorites, Distant Worlds and Armada 2526, would also be no-brainers for me.  Of course, there are other 4x games I own but haven't played much (such as Space Empires IV and Endless Space), although I'm admittedly somewhat reluctant to do an AAR with games I remain largely unfamiliar with.  I'm also considering doing a Pandora AAR; I really need to play that game more than I have so far. 

Windigo

AAR the one you're most passionale about .... (trolling for star comments)

bayonetbrant

sneak peek

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

I just wrapped up my "played over lunch breaks at the office" Civ5 Shoshone campaign.  Diplomatic win, bee-yotches.  At the end of the game, I have ever single city-state as an ally, and all but 1 of them with over 100 points of influence, and I did *not* have Patronage as one of my social policy trees.
Bribery still rules, kids.  Just ask the Russians ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

a few of those zulu units don't look so good......

bayonetbrant

I just ran across something that was kind of funny...

Somebody took one of my AAR images from last year

click to enlarge; offer not valid on Gus

and turned it into a web meme

and then used it to start a Reddit thread
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1wp5z3/playing_civilization_with_friends_makes_me_a/

anyone got a Reddit acc't they want to at least go point out where the f'n' image was stolen from?!  :-\

(I don't care if they use it; I want them to credit the source and maybe drive some traffic our way)

undercovergeek

youre famous!!

going solely by the OPs title if i google 'civ 5 scouts near border' your screenie is nowhere to be seen

and its kind of weird that he wouldnt post his own pic!