Feedback on AAR for Civilization V, Gods & Kings

Started by bayonetbrant, December 16, 2012, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Check out Brant's Civ V AAR, and offer your comments below.

(note that future installments will also point to this thread, and keep all feedback in one place)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've never played on any timescale but marathon.  Does playing on the quick scale alter the amount of movement points your units get?

bayonetbrant

Nope. Same MP's. Smaller bonuses from some other things, like ruins. But generally the same from Wonders, social policies, etc
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sounds odd.  By the time you get a scout across a continent, you've probably already changed eras.

Boggit

Great start to your AAR. I'm really getting into this. I've played Civ since it first saw the light of day, but have held off Civ 5, after the backward steps in gameplay from Civ 3 - especially bombardment in Civ 4. I'll be really interested in seeing how Civ 5 plays out.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

TheCommandTent

Looks like an interesting AAR Brant, you are getting lucky on the ruin bonuses.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

the ruins bonuses are almost never negative in Civ V - it's just about how prevalent they are.

there's a LOT more to come...  I've got them ready to go out to about episode 8 or 9 or so.

Bapek

Great AAR and website  Brant. In addition to getting me hooked on Battles for Wesnoth, you all have convinced me to use some of my Amazon gift money for Civ V and Warlock.  So many games, so little time...
Thanks,
Al Berke

bayonetbrant

Shelldrake

Nice AAR Brant. I will definitely fire up Civ V and the expansion that I got for Christmas - as soon as I have a free day or two!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 23, 2012, 03:07:41 PMthere's a LOT more to come...  I've got them ready to go out to about episode 8 or 9 or so.

I'm actually up to about #16, with the new double-sized format.

someone pls tell me how well/quickly the pages load with the images in there.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 03, 2013, 04:38:52 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 23, 2012, 03:07:41 PMthere's a LOT more to come...  I've got them ready to go out to about episode 8 or 9 or so.

I'm actually up to about #16, with the new double-sized format.

someone pls tell me how well/quickly the pages load with the images in there.

They loaded good for me this morning.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

anyone over on BGG?  If so, do you mind sticking a thumbs-up on the thread I opened over there?  trying to attract some attention / participants for over here

http://videogamegeek.com/thread/907971/ongoing-aar-from-playthrough-with-civ-v-gk-on-mac

Barthheart

Arctic Blast