Dominions 3 is now out on Desura!!!!

Started by spelk, December 12, 2012, 02:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I singed up. 

What Age are we doing, so we can narrow down our Faction choices?

Yskonyn

Another thread has been posted looking for players.
Slow game of Dom 3

This is a slow paced game to accomodate those with busy lives but still with a desire to play. Who is interested? Sign up there!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Bumpdate: the fast game appears to be closed, but the slow (5-day turnaround) game still has some slots!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I have a question that perhaps someone here can easily answer:

Where does it indicate who you're at war with??   

I see the messages saying, "Kailasa Has Declared War On You" in the turn resolution messages but I don't see any indicator of who I'm at war with.  I'm guessing that you're pretty much in a constant state of war with everyone, and the War messages are just flavor text for when someone else attacks you??  Is that correct, being as there is no diplomacy?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on March 13, 2013, 12:10:09 AM
I'm guessing that you're pretty much in a constant state of war with everyone, and the War messages are just flavor text for when someone else attacks you??

That was my interpretation, yeah.

Yskonyn

Correct.
Diplomacy is only practised in multiplayer.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

"Practiced"  being the operative word.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Boggit

Quote from: spelk on December 12, 2012, 02:33:41 AM
Gobsmacked really. I had to spend mucho moolah to get this game imported.

But really good news.

They've lowered the price to around $30 (£18.99).

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-3-the-awakening
Same for me. Some outlet in Nottingham, I'd never heard of and who made a hash of my order. In the end they sorted it out and were very apologetic - anyway we're human and we all make mistakes... Oddly, Shrapnel didn't have them as a distibutor for any other of their published games. I used to get Shrapnel Games titles from Strategy Plus, but sadly they're not in business any more.
@Spelk :)
Do you know of any UK distributors for Shrapnel games? I tried to email Shrapnel, but their Spam filter blocked my attempts to contact them.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

gameleaper

user "Das24680" on youtube, is a must for Dominion3 players , http://www.youtube.com/user/Das24680?feature=watch

over thirty videos on a full game , from newbie to player overnight.

Huw the Poo

Cool, thanks for the link!  I shall get stuck into those later, with a cold beer. :)

JasonPratt

Anyone who picked it up recently from Desura or Gamersgate, and who hasn't gotten into a Grogheads multiplayer game yet but wants to:

The Grogheads Dom3 Middle Age multiplayer game for newbies is now open and looking for players.