The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Boggit on August 19, 2014, 04:45:29 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 18, 2014, 10:36:18 AM
Lots of praise in the current thread.  In short - it's very good. ;)

Also, if you have a lot of 4X space games, the fact that AI War is very different might tempt you.  You always play against two AI opponents who are significantly stronger than you are.  The catch is that they don't see you as a threat unless you march through every world, conquering/destroying everything in sight.  As Nefaro says in that thread, it's essentially a guerilla war in space. :)
+1 to everything Huw says. I recommend it too. As with a lot of Arcen stuff, it's very original gaming.

Thanks guys. Pulled the trigger on AI War today. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

I almost bought AI War too, as it was so inexpensive, but it looked to be way too deep for me, time-wise. I ended up buying a few other things that were on sale. Detective Grimoire is a pretty entertaining point-and-click adventure and it's only $4.89. Also bought Return To Mysterious Island 1 & 2 both for $3.74 total. Finally I bought the Metro Last Light Complete edition for 4.99. Haven't tried the Mysterious Island games nor Metro yet, but did spend a bit with Detective Grimoire and it's entertaining if you're into point-and-clicks.

Nefaro

Just a heads-up, but someone purchased the whole AI War pack while already owning the base game and some of the expansions.  So he can gift it on Steam.  I can't recall who it was, but you should check the dedicated AI War thread for freebies.

-budd-

I have extra keys for 5 of the expansions. So if someone has the base game or wants to buy it they can have the keys for the 5 expansions, the only one missing is the one just released[destroyer of worlds]. I posted in the donation thread but so far no one has taken them.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Shelldrake

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is $4 on Steam until August 25. I might have to pull the trigger at this price.  :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 22, 2014, 06:31:31 AM
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is $4 on Steam until August 25. I might have to pull the trigger at this price.  :)

Isn't it only about 10 hours of gameplay, though?

Granted, $4 for 10 hours of entertainment is a pretty good deal. Guess I'm just greedy.

Kushan

XCOM Enemy Within is also part of the sale, $10.

Tempted to pick it up to play the Long War mod.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Shelldrake

Quote from: Kushan on August 22, 2014, 08:12:15 AM

XCOM Enemy Within is also part of the sale, $10.

Tempted to pick it up to play the Long War mod.

Go for it! XCOM is a completely new game with the Enemy Within expansion. I really enjoyed the new maps and aliens, not to mention kitting out my troopers with genetic and mech mods!

Dean Edell

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Rayfer

LOL....the Steam Monday 'weeklong deals' starting today includes games as cheap as 29 to 79 cents.  Amazing.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Rayfer on August 25, 2014, 12:29:00 PM
LOL....the Steam Monday 'weeklong deals' starting today includes games as cheap as 29 to 79 cents.  Amazing.

Just what I need to increase the bloat in my Steam library!  ::)

Dean Edell

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

Quote from: mirth on August 25, 2014, 12:59:21 PM
Hard to say no to for $0.49

Storm: Frontline Nation

Argh! I can't resist a bargain and the near future setting looks interesting.

Dean Edell

mirth

The reviews aren't terrible either.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

Even if all the reviews aren't all that great, $0.49 is worth the risk to find out for yourself.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.