The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey_roxor

For anyone who has gotten digital game downloads from Amazon in the past few weeks and got a $5 promotional credit for "2012 Editor's Choice Games", you can redeem them now!

Some of those games are pretty nice. For example:

Hotline Miami: on sale for $7.50, minus $5 is $2.50
Spec Ops The Line: on sale for $7.50, minus $5 is $2.50
Dark Souls: on sale for $18, minus $5 is $13
XCOM: on sale for $25, minus $5 is $20
Borderlands 2: on sale for $30, minus $5 is $25

Sorry I'm not providing a link, but the URL's got all kinds of junk that I'm sure is specific to me and my sketchy web browsing habits.

Toonces

Good lord that's a good price for Dark Souls.  I think I paid $40 not even a month ago.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Achilles

I like RO2 and play occasionally. The RO2 servers are pretty scarce.  The big maps make you cautios...one bullet and bye bye.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Dunno if Steam is now screwing up like GG did, but they had Sleeping Dogs on as their daily deal for $16.99 yesterday and it's listed at $4.49 today.

EDIT: Yup, it was a screw-up.  Price changed back to $16.99 within 30 minutes of listing.  I bought a copy for $4.49.  Hopefully they will honour it. 

Greybriar

Spec Ops: The Line is on sale right now at Steam for $7.49 U.S. But if you bought a game from Amazon recently and have a $5 credit, you can get Spec Ops: The Line for $2.49 U.S.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

LongBlade

GamersGate has the Sniper Elite series for 66% off this weekend: http://www.gamersgate.com/sniperelite?aff=ggnews
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Inquisitor is an ARPG and on sale for 75% off on Desura.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 12, 2013, 03:21:14 PM
Inquisitor is an ARPG and on sale for 75% off on Desura.

Just picked that up yesterday.   :)

Definitely has an unusual setting as far as RPGs go, what with the historically inspired setting, with a lot of fantasy added, and the character playing an inquisitor seeking out evil (or hiding as evil?) to violently purge.

I'm not sure what to think yet.  One glaring omission is that I've not seen any way to Pause combat and issue orders, as you could in similar older games like Fallout 1 & 2 or Arcanum.  Perhaps there's a hotkey for it.. but I've not found it.  That leaves the combat stuck in real-time, and I can foresee that being a real pain in the ass.

I also finally grabbed Underrail while I was there, for a similarly old-style isometric RPG.  I've been quite surprised with it's quality gameplay.  Being as it's only one person developing it, I'm not sure how long it'll be until it's finished but it seems to have a good amount done already.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on January 12, 2013, 06:05:20 PM
Just picked that up yesterday.   :)

Yeah I thought of you as soon as I saw it!  I'd pick it up myself but for the fact that we faced the enormous expense of replacing a fucked car this week so I can't really justify it.  Does it have multiplayer?

steve58

Last day of Matrixgames Holiday sale is today or tomorrow...can't really tell from their wording...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3217551&mpage=1&key=
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on January 13, 2013, 11:22:55 AM
Last day of Matrixgames Holiday sale is today or tomorrow...can't really tell from their wording...

First year in a long time I did not buy anything from Matrix during their sale:(

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 13, 2013, 11:45:51 AM

First year in a long time I did not buy anything from Matrix during their sale:(

Same here, but it just means I've already bought (almost) everything I wanted at full price or from a previous sale. :) (I do still want to pick up some things, but I'm trying to be more disciplined about finishing games first before buying new games.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 13, 2013, 11:45:51 AM

I didn't get anything this year either.  Pretty much any announced Matrix title I want is a new or impending release (Alea Jacta Est, Commander: The Great War, and Distant Worlds: Shadows), and therefore wasn't going to be on sale in any case. 

On the other hand, I already purchased most of the older Matrix titles that I wanted to get during *last year's* sale, so I can't really complain.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

I picked up Distant Worlds Legends and Commander The Great War, which wasn't on sale but I used my $20 beta tester coupon. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell