Strategic Command: World War I

Started by IronX, December 05, 2019, 11:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

The latest addition to the SC series is now available from Matrix and Steam.

If you get the game, feel free to try out my mod for it called the Blue Max.

Main features of the mod include:

- Original main and splash screen art - default and two alternatives
- Two choices of original counter art - NATO and hybrid that change with research
- Map enhancements, including new borders, fronts, fort and city icons
- Numerous new WWI-era sounds

Link to the mod is HERE on the Matrix forums

Once downloaded unzip all to the game's Mod folder:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\Mods

NB: If there isn't one there, you need to run the game at least once or create it manually.

Then activate the mod(s) in the game's Settings

Jarhead0331

Your mod is gorgeous work and is a must have in my opinion.

Bravo on your ongoing contributions to our community. I have enjoyed your work from back in the Squad Battle days. Thank you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Fantastic. I have the original SC: WWI - will your mod work with the original? I'm guessing 'yes' but you never know.

I need to get more info on how this new version differs from the original too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Isn't the original on a completely different engine based on squares instead of hexes?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I know in the marketing for this new version they make it clear it uses hexes this time around, but I don't know any more about the current engine. If it really is that different I will have to ready my wallet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Beautiful work!  I've bookmarked this for when I buy the game.

airboy

The 298 page manual can be downloaded in pdf format at:
https://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/SCWWI/Strategic_Command_WWI_Manual_EBOOK.pdf

I'm too swamped to buy and play it now - but this is definitely on my list.

From a brief perusal of the video the game has gone to hexes, they have put blockades on the screen, and there are a lot of modding opportunities.  The first Strategic Command WW1 had a lot of very easy options to mod the game engine which I used in campaign games.

Gusington

Has it really been that long since the original's release?? Time is sneaking up on me.

Just got my Matrix 7 year thank you coupon, so it's all done except the crying now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Ok this mod convinces me to get the game right now.  (Well after I get home from work anyway).

Looking forward to playing this one with this mod.  Thank you!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Geezer

I will need to see how the naval part of the game works.  Don't like the current SC naval model at all and if it is the same here then I'll pass.  Any posts on the naval mechanics from you guys who buy the game will be appreciated.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

IronX

Tuna

Quote from: IronX on December 05, 2019, 03:22:37 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Outstanding work as always IronX!!! I've always thought Tiller should pay you a stipend for bringing their titles out the ugly bucket! But then you go and add your talent to many other titles!

The_Admiral

Martok

IronX, your mod looks fantastic!  Any idea if will work with the GOG version?  (They have it on sale for 25% off, so I snapped it right up. 8) ) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces