Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt at Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • "We forgive our enemies, but not before they hang"
Re: Halloween
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »
^I like that. On the Civil War tip, one of the spookiest places I’ve ever been is the Gettysburg battlefield. Should be on every Grog’s to-visit list, it’s the definition of hallowed ground.

Not being a Nor'easterner like so many of ya'll (see what I did there?), I will say my favorite part about spending a year in Delaware a few years back was visiting the battlegrounds, the towns and villages where history took place, the backroads and rural areas where America sprang from. That and Amish cooking. Loved me some Amish markets on weekends!   O0
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"-- insert Steelie rant here--"......Sir Slash

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2019, 08:52:06 PM »
Antietam is great also.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2019, 11:42:37 AM »
^Antietam is going to be the next trip.

We may also do Valley Forge this winter.

Gettysburg is not someplace I would want to be at night. On our visit only the hardiest of souls stayed past sundown...the park empties out of probably 80-90% of its visitors after dark.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.”

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
  • ringmaster at circus amateur night
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2019, 10:04:01 AM »
A Norwegian horror short, Polaroid.

http://www.countgore.com/NewBlood.htm
“Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don’t find out until too late that he’s been playing with two queens all along”.  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
“Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don’t find out until too late that he’s been playing with two queens all along”.  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2019, 05:33:56 AM »
Allen Sherman, who wrote and sang "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh, here I am at Camp Granada", also did "My Son, the Vampire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM8ORAe-sR8&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3yqumeI2LUSpXr9hiuevEAkCmFJEzIdXrh8__qpPlGQamrIichZzxT3Lg

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:05 AM »
Nothing says "Family Activity" like crafting shrunken heads.

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2019, 06:28:49 AM »
I agree. Quality time.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »
Or, you could just go to the Capitol in D.C. and pick-up all the Shrunken Heads you could ever need.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2019, 07:24:16 AM »

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2019, 07:10:25 AM »
Not spooky, but very scary.  Especially to fathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ky7Fs6ng0

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:49 AM »

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2019, 05:46:36 AM »
The Comedy of Terrors.
Vincent Price and Boris karloff have a fun time with groulish humor.  A lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL6R54_QoL4&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3wldvE1uOWhORgbRvveV57_zDeQsY6FedHJ6LGnMCjRVhSMk4kieVHzJw

"With your eyes closed?"

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2019, 06:47:37 AM »
I remember Soupy Sales - am I old?

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Yes. I'm so old, I  remember him before he was, 'Soupy'. Back then he was just plain Broth.  :coolsmiley: