Author Topic: Miss me when I'm FRIDAY  (Read 646 times)

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
Miss me when I'm FRIDAY
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:34:57 AM »

A throwback to the 80s that's a stone jam.  I've got to work tomorrow, so gaming will be limited.  And with Sunday the first full opening slate of NFL games, I see gaming taking a back seat, but, any time I get in front of the ol' PC will be spent on Field of Glory:Empires.  Happy NFL fellas!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Offline MengJiao

• Landsknecht
Re: Miss me when I'm FRIDAY
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »

A throwback to the 80s that's a stone jam.  I've got to work tomorrow, so gaming will be limited.  And with Sunday the first full opening slate of NFL games, I see gaming taking a back seat, but, any time I get in front of the ol' PC will be spent on Field of Glory:Empires.  Happy NFL fellas!

Seems like a FoG:Empires and Uboat weekend for me too!

Offline -budd-

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
Fall cleanup around the homestead. Big UFC fight on Saturday, NFL on Sunday....Go Hawks. Gaming wise probably the same lineup, Armored Brigade and 7 Days to Die-War of the Walkers mod. Want to try out the new update for Armored Brigade. Been playing 7 Days to Die a lot lately, almost level 200 and on day 50, base secured, massive garden in place, weapons galore. Finished 8 of 9 class master quests, one more to go. i'm playing on a map i generated with an external program, the whole map is practically one big city. Rumored has it alpha 18 will drop within two weeks. There are things i want to explore and finish before the wipe from the new alpha.
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Football! Finally!  :dreamer:  And a little TOAW 4: Balkan War I.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Go Jets!! God help us.

Diablo III Necromancer campaign (quite fun so far), Blair Witch if I can figure out wtf I’m supposed to do, a new Total War: Warhammer II campaign as the Empire in a Mortal Empires game once the new dlc drops next week, and perhaps a campaign of Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and try to remaster the combat again. Might also take a stab at Vampyr again set to easy difficulty since my first attempt ended in total failure.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.”

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline solops

• Viking
  • Woof!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
Texas A&M football and Interstellar Space: Genesis. I just finished my first post release version game - 360 turns on easy...learned the systems, UI, etc. Now I go in on a harder level and see what they've got!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Windigo

• Arquebusier
  • Falschirmgrogheads HQ lackey
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 11:04:42 AM »
AOW: Planetfall....

putting together a fire-table

playing a VR game called Belt-sander Warrior 0.01

and rum pirate on deck!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
I'm setting up a live demonstration tutorial (sort of) tonight for FIRE IN THE LAKE using Tabletop Simulator (and Steam voice chat). Moreb will be there, after checking over connections last night; anyone else is welcome! My Steam handle should be Sabreman; Moreb's is Ozark Rebel.

This isn't necessarily the only time I'll do it, even this weekend, so let me know if you'd prefer some other day and time, I'll see what I can do. Love teaching the game!
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
PBEM in Dominions 5.

MLB The Show 19

Heroes & Generals

Victory Games Vietnam 1965-1975 on Vassal

I just might even drop by for that FitL training session that you're giving this weekend Jason.   :)
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline IICptMillerII

• Equites
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 04:10:14 PM »
Working more on my Consulate Crisis AAR for CMANO and CMSF2. I'm really trying to get it done soon as I'll be leaving shortly for a while and won't have any time to get back to it.

Besides the AAR I've been playing around a lot in CMANO in general. Been having a lot of fun with the Desert Storm scenario's, and with a few that I've made up on the fly. I really can't wait for its sequel to come out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Offline WYBaugh

• Equites
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »
Florida Gators  and Jacksonville Jaguars here and may just be checking out Fantasy General 2

Offline GroggyGrognard

• Viking
  • Magister Generalis Of The Bellum Ludus
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »
I received a notification that both Crisis in the Kremlin and Ostalgie: The Berlin Wall are on sale on Steam, so I picked up both for dirt cheap. (still on sale until September 10th.) I think first I'll give Crisis in the Kremlin a try. I've always been curious and yet still remained on the fence with them.

A thank you to The_Admiral for your positive feedback about these games.

I've stalled a bit with FoG:E, so I may make a fresh go of it and start a new game.

Other than that, hamburgers, margaritas, and football. In that order.

Have a safe and happy gaming weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
“Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government.”
― Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
Had a great game tonight with Moreb and W8aminute as they played through the first six or seven turns of a Fire in the Lake campaign (on TTS)! Thanks to both for giving me an excuse to play the game!  :notworthy:
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Actarus - prince of Euphor
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
 Spartan - Gates of Troy...

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
Decided to go back to Persona 5

Also some continued quality time with Oxygen not Included

Heroes of the Storm is still in regular rotation too.

Maybe some Civ 6
Insert witty comment here.