Author Topic: il2 - TANK CREW - Infantry are coming to this tank simulator in the il2 engine  (Read 498 times)

Online Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
That's a great video Jarhead. Foxholes with men popping their heads up and everything.
Well here is hoping that Tank Crew gets the attention it deserves for the infantry dimension of this stuff.
I am a bit sceptical but I have wanted a reason to pull the trigger on this one for some time in any case.

Playing it, it's a little more simplistic than I had hoped, but in line with il2 BOS for being an intermediate sim of whatever their vehicles they do so that they can also fill the battlefield as well I assume. I am still assessing things though.

Anybody got any good sources for how the shells show up like rocket motors from behind? I'd love some info on what countries put tracer on all their AP? I assume all of them did in ww2? Was it done for HE as well?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline smithcorp

• Equites

Playing it, it's a little more simplistic than I had hoped, but in line with il2 BOS for being an intermediate sim of whatever their vehicles they do so that they can also fill the battlefield as well I assume. I am still assessing things though.

Anybody got any good sources for how the shells show up like rocket motors from behind? I'd love some info on what countries put tracer on all their AP? I assume all of them did in ww2? Was it done for HE as well?

Have you tried it in VR Destraex? I have heard its clunky in VR and i haven't tried it with the headset yet.

Online Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
Hey Smithcorp. I don't own VR because my PC is too old to cope with it I think. I have trackIR though.
I used mouse and keyboard and since you are looking around through the gunners sight. It's not a problem thus far.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"