Author Topic: Sometimes its good to be king?  (Read 298 times)

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
Sometimes its good to be king?
« on: August 02, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
The King of Thailand held an odd ceremony Sunday where he named one of his top generals and longtime girlfriend as his official mistress...as his current wife looked on (and she is also a "general") :idiot2:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/thailand-king-mistress-official-concubine-new-wife

Just sounds like a whole lot of trouble to me...but I guess in this case he still outranks both of them...
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams

Offline al_infierno

• Viking
Re: Sometimes its good to be king?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 03:48:51 PM »
I hope he gave himself a high Intrigue in the character creation.
"Don't quote me boy, 'cause I ain't said shit."  -- Eazy-E

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
 :DD
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 08:13:11 PM »
Pretty normal practice in Thailand.  It's almost a status symbol to have a mistress.  The Thai term is mia-noi.

https://tastythailand.com/the-mia-noi-or-minor-wife-in-thailand-yes-thai-men-do-have-a-mistress/

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »
I hear Bill Clinton just enlisted in the Thai Army.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
  • ringmaster at circus amateur night
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 06:48:17 AM »
Think an even sexier Yul Brynner in the King and I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVPnWmUqd4
“Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don’t find out until too late that he’s been playing with two queens all along”.  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 09:35:31 AM »
I hear Bill Clinton just enlisted in the Thai Army.  :o

THAT'S NOT A GIRL, BILL! THAT'S NOT A GIRL!
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
"details... details..."
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 08:53:12 PM »
Thai Army, Thigh Army. What's the difference?  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 05:40:19 AM »
The King of Thailand held an odd ceremony Sunday where he named one of his top generals and longtime girlfriend as his official mistress...as his current wife looked on (and she is also a "general") :idiot2:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/thailand-king-mistress-official-concubine-new-wife

Just sounds like a whole lot of trouble to me...but I guess in this case he still outranks both of them...

So every lover's dispute turns into a military coup? :P