Campaign Series: Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 17, 2019, 02:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Looks like forum has opened up and product page created....did see one of the folks say targeting 1Q 2020 for actual release though.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1750
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=591

Jarhead0331

Its going to be epic. My CCR collection is waiting on standby.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Crossroads

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 17, 2019, 02:23:54 PM
Looks like forum has opened up and product page created....did see one of the folks say targeting 1Q 2020 for actual release though.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1750
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=591
Yes, that's our internal target, here's hoping!  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I had to get that out of my system first before I could even squee.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RommelFox

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2019, 02:26:50 PM
Its going to be epic. My CCR collection is waiting on standby.

Along with some Wagner? 

Looks like a great game!
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

IICptMillerII

I'm really excited for this game. Big fan of Campaign Series: Middle East and I'm looking forward to seeing the engine expanded to cover more time periods. I know they are working on an early war Eastern Front game, and the game that is coming after Vietnam is (iirc) a Cold War game, which I am the most excited for. Great stuff all around.

MikeGER

Campaign Series: Vietnam
instabuy!  :D

Crossroads

Thank you for your encouragement, appreciated  :hug:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Old TImer

Can't wait for this one.  Day 1 buy from me.

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on July 18, 2019, 01:57:00 PM
Charlie don't surf!

Also, Charlie don't wave! ....or wait, was that code?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I need to watch that movie RIGHT NOW. It's been a while.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

stolypin

Day One buy for me.  Wasn't interested in the Middle East title but this one I'll be all over.