Author Topic: Jumanji - Another New One  (Read 233 times)

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
Jumanji - Another New One
« on: July 02, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
I saw a trailer for Jumanji #2 and it looked wonderful.

Danny Glover and Danny DeVito get sucked into the game world.  The hot redhead is back.  All of the original main cast is back.  I'm very excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuiITzHTgY
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:01:10 PM by airboy »

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Jumanji - Another New One
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:53:41 PM »
Well, strictly speaking it's #3, but yeah.

Hot redhead is Karen Gillen by the way: Scottish former Doctor Who companion (one of the best ones, too), and the blue-ish skinned cyborg "Nebula" in the Guardians of the Galaxy films (plus Avengers 3 and 4).

The Rock remains a national treasure. Or maybe an international treasure.

GUYS I JUST REALIZED WHAT REBOOTQUEL HE SHOULD GET INVOLVED WITH NEXT! -- Nicholas Cage and Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, in International Treasure!
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 12:00:23 AM »
Unfortunately, he is remaking Big Trouble in Little China.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 04:42:42 AM »

Considering how much the movie industry depends on overseas sales, remaking that movie sounds like a script writer's cultural minefield nightmare.
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 07:24:15 AM »
I think your autocorrect accidentally fixed "wet-dream"! -- the Rock, a popular actor overseas, goes into goofy action mode to play the mostly-useless Jack Burton, stereotypical ignorant but good-hearted and brave American truck driver, being swept up into a wuxia magic story to help his Chinese friends who, along with their enemies, are all far more competent than he is.

You could practically remake it shot for shot and print your profit afterward.
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »

Considering how much the movie industry depends on overseas sales, remaking that movie sounds like a script writer's cultural minefield nightmare.

They should worry more about domestic sales. No one in China, Japan, S. Korea, India, or anywhere else in Asia cares a whit about "cultural appropriation." It's just over-privileged, spoiled twats in western countries.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 09:08:50 AM »
I've always been against spoiled twats in movies or elsewhere. SAVE THE TWATS!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 10:05:33 AM »
Big Trouble in Little China is probably the movie I've watched the most times.  It is so perfect it does not need a remake.

But if the remake is even average I'd probably go see it in the theater because my wife wants to see every Dwayne Johnson movie with even average reviews for "some reason."