Born on the FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 21, 2019, 08:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS in VR, Elite Dangerous in VR, Falcon BMS (just recently exported the MFDs to my 11" LCD) and probably Steel Division 2. Lots of good games to play and I have to sneak as much in before the baby lands. Any week now!

Everyone enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Good luck breh.

I am about half way through AssCreed Odyssey. Still in love with it and it is probably my most played, recent AssCreed...I only got about 10% in to Origins. So I am going to dive back in to Origins soon.

Also want to fire up Conan: Unconquered, a new Rome 2 TW campaign (Palmyra?) and patiently waiting for Field of Glory: Empires to arrive. Would also like to play some Wolves at the Gate too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Hmmm....the music video won't play, says I have to go to YouTube directly.  Regardless, started a Russia campaign in HoI4, 1936 start.  Should be interesting.

Sir Slash

Bust weekend so maybe able to squeeze in a little Operational Art of War 4: The Italian Campaign. Happy Summer Solstice Grogs of the Northern Hemisphere.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on June 21, 2019, 09:55:23 AM
Hmmm....the music video won't play, says I have to go to YouTube directly.  Regardless, started a Russia campaign in HoI4, 1936 start.  Should be interesting.

Sorry about that...the video owner disabled playback on other sites...uploaded a different one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

As tempting as it is to try the F/A-18, I'm sticking with the Harrier until I learn it. If I move to something new, I'm back to start. And start sucks. So....I'm sticking with the Harrier (which is a blast). Likely practice using the IR Maverick for SEAD missions do I don't need a litening pod. Then the next step: turn off immortality.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on June 21, 2019, 10:56:22 AM
As tempting as it is to try the F/A-18, I'm sticking with the Harrier until I learn it. If I move to something new, I'm back to start. And start sucks. So....I'm sticking with the Harrier (which is a blast). Likely practice using the IR Maverick for SEAD missions do I don't need a litening pod. Then the next step: turn off immortality.

I don't think you need a TPOD for the AGM-65E. The Harrier comes equipped with a FLIR system and laser designator on the nose of the aircraft. The TPOD is a more powerful system, but I don't "think" it is necessary for either the 65E or 65G.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 21, 2019, 11:22:26 AM

I don't think you need a TPOD for the AGM-65E. The Harrier comes equipped with a FLIR system and laser designator on the nose of the aircraft. The TPOD is a more powerful system, but I don't "think" it is necessary for either the 65E or 65G.

Nope, you don't. That's my point. I can carry the ECM pod for SEAD instead of the targeting pod because the IR Mavericks have their own Flir.

I prefer the G model but I don't like using a pylon for the litening pod. (Im assuming the G is the laser targeted one).

I enjoy the sidearms and LGB; but frankly, my favorite is flying 100' off the deck, popping up to 300 and dropping a stick of 6 mk-82 snakeye retarded bombs and a convoy. Had a very "Flight of the Intruder" feel.

I'm trying to learn radio/nav stuff now. Things like finding out where my refueler is (no radar). But the Harrier was a great recommendation for a starting DCS module. Simple yet digital. I wanted the F-14 but I have a feeling the analog systems might be too much
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Huw the Poo

Elite: Dangerous - I'm still enjoying how absurdly easy it is to make credits these days.  Not even two weeks in and I'm already in a Krait Mk2!  I've just kitted it out for deep core mining.  Mining icy asteroids is fun.  In fact Elite has the best implementation of rock mining I've yet seen in a space game.

Undoubtedly there will be more Tower Unite with my gaming group tomorrow night.  I'm still undefeated in the ten pin bowling.  8) And I just bought the highrise apartment which is huge so I need to play a lot of games for the cash to furnish it.

I will probably also play a bit more Minion Masters to maintain my Platinum league ranking.

On PS4, we've just bought the VR headset so we're exploring the gaming options.  Astro Bot seems popular with wife+kids.  Also, today saw the release of the remastered Crash Team Racing!  Way back in my student days, CTR was "my game".  The one game I could kick all yo' asses at.  I can't wait to play this version!

Also it's a three day weekend for me.  8)

Have a great time everyone!

Tripoli

Mostly doing Beta testing in FoG II Empires.  I have a couple of FoG II PBEM games going, including round two of the current tournament that Sliterine is running.  ANd I hope to get back to my P3D4 cross country flight in the Stearman.  Unlike CCR who was born on the bayou, I've been virtually grounded in the bayou (near Shreveport, LA) for two months now.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

This week I concluded a Dominions 5 PBEM with a guy from Civfanatics.  It was a close game at first but then his economy simply crushed me as he had more resources to work with than I did.  Great game. 

So what I have planned this weekend is to play some Dominions 5 solo to practice a bit before I play another PBEM game.  I'll also be playing Hell Let Loose and maybe something on my PS4.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Turn off Immortality!  Sounds rough.  I'm going to keep dragging out the boardgames since I don't want to get too absorbed (except maybe some DCS) in games before I head for the beach.

-budd-

Continue on with my 2 CM pbem games. I've been in a retro FPS mood, no thinking just blasting so i'll continue trying out level packs for the new Brutal Doom release and i also picked up the package of Dust and Amid Evil so i'll probably be dying in those games. There's still a number of retro FPS games on the horizon i've got my eye on, good time to enjoy retro blasting. Actually contributed to my first kick starter for Prodeus. With the planned modding tools hopefully it will have the long life of the early Doom games.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

mikeck

Quote from: MengJiao on June 21, 2019, 03:45:48 PM

Turn off Immortality!  Sounds rough.  I'm going to keep dragging out the boardgames since I don't want to get too absorbed (except maybe some DCS) in games before I head for the beach.

I will...but I can't really learn the weapons systems against live targets if it's off. I don't like bombing smoke. I create missions and practice that way. But that will come. I had to use easy communication too. Trying to learn to talk to tower, wingman and refueler and such. Switching frequencies is causing me more issues than it should. Best way to learn though....add one or two new things at a time

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on June 22, 2019, 08:00:32 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on June 21, 2019, 03:45:48 PM

I will...but I can't really learn the weapons systems against live targets if it's off. I don't like bombing smoke. I create missions and practice that way. But that will come. I had to use easy communication too. Trying to learn to talk to tower, wingman and refueler and such. Switching frequencies is causing me more issues than it should. Best way to learn though....add one or two new things at a time

I do much the same (set up missions etc.).  The success rate for me is pretty low.  I recently had a radar as a target and got shot down a few seconds into the action.  I had fired rockes and what not (flying the Mig19 as usual).  My AI wingman eventually got the radar with his 30mm canons.
  I'll try immortality.  It sounds very good to me.