Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.  (Read 343514 times)

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
Re: Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.
« Reply #2310 on: June 11, 2019, 11:41:38 PM »
Thanks for the tips SirAndrew!  That Sothis/Ceos run sounds promising; I might have to grab a Type 6 and make my way over there at some point.....

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2311 on: June 12, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips SirAndrew!  That Sothis/Ceos run sounds promising; I might have to grab a Type 6 and make my way over there at some point.....

Make sure to check your Galmap before heading out there.  It's a long trip if you have a short jump range, and it's not worth the effort unless one system, preferably Ceos, is in Boom. 

You'll want to head to Brunel Hub or New Dawn in Ceos first.  Brunel offers some of the highest payout missions, some even just delivering in system and no jump required. 

Some of the better missions won't unlock till your allied with the factions, but that shouldn't take long.  Start with a few courier data missions first to get over the initial hump. 

Also, keep in mind that you WILL get attacked on a lot of those missions.  Just evade the interdiction.

Lastly, Sothis/Ceos is by far the best place to grind Federation rank.   The missions many time offer reputation payouts and with the sheer volume of runs, you can burn through rank faster than anywhere else I've seen.   I went from Ensign to Read Admiral there in just three days, and finally managed to get my Federal Corvette.

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2312 on: June 12, 2019, 02:00:39 PM »
Excellent tips, thank you again!

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2313 on: June 12, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »
If anyone wants to do engineering with Horizons there are three places that you'll want to go that can really speed things up. 

First is Dav's Hope in Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 A 5 at 44.8180, -31.3893.   You'll be able to find the base after using the planetary scanner.  It's an abandoned mining base with a LOT of Grade 3-4 materials on the ground you can collect.  You can simple scoop them and then log off and back on again and they'll respawn.  This will stock you up on a lot of mid grade manufactured. 

Second it the Bugkiller Anaconda Crash site in HIP 16613 system on planet 1 a at -11.0093, -95.6755.   There is a lot of Grade 5 Raw materials found in containers at the site, and there are three data points that give Grade 4-5 Scan Data.  Same as above, collect, scan and relog.  You will fill up on three Grade 5 Raws and Two G5 Data types.  (And be careful around the Thargoids).

Third is Commander Jameson's crashed Cobra on  HIP 12099 system on planet 1B -54.3803, -50.3575.    There are three data points that can all be scanned from one central location, and they give G4-5 Data.  You can easily fill up three types of Data there in less than an hour. 

Once you have filled the materials, you can trade them for what you lack and then have enough for a lot of level 5 Engineer rolls.

For Grade 5 Manufactured Materials, you can find them in any civilized system.  Scan the Nav Buoy when you jump in system, and then look for "High Grade Emissions" signal sources.   There will always be Grade 4-5 Materials there to collect. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:45:29 PM by SirAndrewD »