Author Topic: Combat Mission series on GoG.com  (Read 3135 times)

Offline mbar

• Equites
Combat Mission series on GoG.com
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, Combat Mission II: Barbarossa to Berlin and Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps are released on GoG.com
https://www.gog.com/news/release_combat_mission_series
"I’d tell y’all to give them the same amount of love you gave me, but that’s just kind of a mean thing to wish on them!" -- Brant Guillory

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: Combat Mission series on GoG.com
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »
These haven’t been available digitally anywhere else?
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.”

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »

Gamersgate (https://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=combat%20mission) and also DRM free, but $25 (or $15 for Beyond Overlord) is too much for games that are 15 years old.

But I can't go back to those graphics with all the newer games available.

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
What are you talking about? It's like you could step into your monitor and walk down that street.   :D   I did have a lot of fun with CMBB back in the day but I can't go back either.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »
CMBO Was already available on GOG but not the other 2. This is good news for those who miss these Great Old Games, like me. But I'm with Pete, these game look... real... old.

Last year lightning destroyed my old computer and while I waited for a new one, I drug out an ancient one to have SOMETHING to play. And there were my old friends, CMBO,CMBB,CMAK, and I fell in love all over again. But she is a VERY old girlfriend.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »
I got the Combat Mission Anthology on CD from CDV almost 2 decades ago because I was going to need that for the upcoming Combat Mission Campaigns.

But : https://videogamegeek.com/thread/724654/tragic-tale-combat-mission-campaigns  :'(.

And now I'm afraid to put an old CD or DVD in my computer thinking I could end up with another Starforce disaster.

https://superuser.com/questions/93442/windows-7-doesnt-start-after-installing-a-game-with-starforce-protection

Offline Elvis

• Viking
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »

Gamersgate (https://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=combat%20mission) and also DRM free, but $25 (or $15 for Beyond Overlord) is too much for games that are 15 years old.

But I can't go back to those graphics with all the newer games available.

Yes, along with working with GOG for the past few months to get these up I have been trying to get Gamersgate's listings pulled down. Our agreement with them expired years ago.

I kinda agree about the graphics. Tough to look at once you're used to the CMx2 games. While setting things up with GOG I did play more of these games than I played in a very very very long time. I enjoyed it.  Kinda the same feeling Sir Slash had.

Offline mbar

• Equites
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »
Thanks for keeping them alive! I had bought these on Gamersgate but I am buying them on GOG too.
"I’d tell y’all to give them the same amount of love you gave me, but that’s just kind of a mean thing to wish on them!" -- Brant Guillory

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Truly a Labor of Love Elvis. And a great credit to all of you who haven't just forgotten about the old girl.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
I might actually get these for my son when they go on sale at gog.  I'll take these graphics any day over tiller graphics.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
Ooooh! -- I was hoping Battlefront (though I think it's actually Strategy First exercising their options) would follow up Beyond Overlord with Barbie and Afrika.

Not lying, I bought CMBO on GoG primarily to encourage the release of CMBB and CMAK.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline -budd-

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »
I have all these on CD, couldn't get them to go wide screen last time I tried, or find the no CD patch. I'll probably get these on sale, wonder if all the mods are still available. They didn't look too terrible with the HD textures. There was a lot of value in those packages, still a bunch of content not available on the newer games, scenarios and campaigns wise.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Elvis

• Viking
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 06:31:15 PM »
I might actually get these for my son when they go on sale at gog.  I'll take these graphics any day over tiller graphics.

They are on sale. 10% off. $5.39. I'm about to go out and grab a beer that will cost me more than that. :-)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 09:28:04 PM »
I remember fondly playing CMBB as the Germans and trying to get my panzers to charge to effective range against a KV-2. They just kept taking a shot, popping smoke, and then full reverse to cover. Can't say as I blame them.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 10:05:29 PM »
Excellent!  Love the random map generator.  Also just seem easier to play than CMx2.
"Baseball's Sad Lexicon" - 1910

These are the saddest of possible words:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”
Trio of bear cubs, and fleeter than birds,
      Tinker and Evers and Chance.
Ruthlessly pricking our gonfalon bubble,
      Making a Giant hit into a double—
Words that are heavy with nothing but trouble:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”

"Tinker to Evers to Chance"
"where doubles go to die"

These three players helped the Cubs win four National League championships and two World Series from 1906 to 1910.