Author Topic: Forum issues?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: Forum issues?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 07:36:53 AM »
I have sporadic issues with the website and have had them since the site migration.  I suggest getting an IT person to migrate the last year of the forum if that is what it takes to get the website to run in a clean fashion.  But this is not my property and you can do as you wish.

Thanks for the advice, and the reminder that we can do as we wish.

In case it isn't self-evident, Gus and I are keeping this site afloat and running because we love the community and we love talking about games. We don't get paid. We don't get fame. We don't get ladies. We both have day jobs that are quite demanding. We both have wives, kids and lives outside of this place too. That leaves us with limited time and a limited budget to run and manage things.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by temporary disruptions and a little bit of lag. I know it can be frustrating. We thank you for your loyalty and hope you will all continue reading, posting and contributing.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:02:39 AM by Jarhead0331 »
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 08:13:01 AM »
Any inconvenience on my part is more than made-up for by the content and features of the site. I will, 'Grog' till they put me in my grave. And after that if possible.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »
Any inconvenience on my part is more than made-up for by the content and features of the site. I will, 'Grog' till they put me in my grave. And after that if possible.  O0

Thank you! That is the spirit!  :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline DoctorQuest

• Condottieri
  • I'm not a real doctor.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 08:49:39 AM »

+1000000000000000000!!!!!!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
Thank you JH and Gus and anyone else I missed who work on this site and keep things going. 

I can't even imagine how challenging it can be as I'm not an IT guy either but I do know that it can be a huge time sink just to keep a website and forums afloat. 

I love this community as well and am glad that there is somewhere to go to hang out even with the sporadic forum issues.   8)
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline steve58

• Condottieri
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »

+1000000000000000000!!!!!!

+1000000000000000001!!!!!!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »
WHOA! Lets not go too easy on 'em.  :coolsmiley:  I was just trying to kiss-up a little.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Online ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »
Thank you JH and Gus and anyone else I missed who work on this site and keep things going. 

I can't even imagine how challenging it can be as I'm not an IT guy either but I do know that it can be a huge time sink just to keep a website and forums afloat. 

I love this community as well and am glad that there is somewhere to go to hang out even with the sporadic forum issues.   8)

Thanks JH and Gus for keeping this going for us!!!
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
I LOVE YOU GUYS  :'(

>:D
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.”

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
As you should ;)  Who else is going to love us?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »
True that. We are kind of, 'The Last Jedi' of the internet aren't we.