Author Topic: Anno 1800 - anyone tried it?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline MikeGER

• Condottieri
Re: Anno 1800 - anyone tried it?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10:13 AM »
i have an easter egg for you Gents  :)

CTRL+SHIFT+R get's you in the first person view (at least so it worked in the last beta)  you can walk and run and jump
the faces of the pedestrians are a woodcut-like , but it was never meant to get sooo close to them
 so its still an amazing feature to walk through the city you may just have build  and its zoo or even into the boxing arena...

i recently watched some live streams of one of my favorite German youtubers (Writing Bull)  for relaxation instead of telly and so learned about that feature on Sunday eve

the game is not my cup of tea atm, the military part is to tinny for me,  i am not into builders with product chains but the graphics are stunning

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:16:32 AM by MikeGER »

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
If I end up getting it, it will be direct from ubisoft through uplay.

Uplay had some problems when it was first released, but its been pretty reliable for me since...and by the way, all ubisoft titles require uplay anyway, even if you acquire the game on steam.
I hadnt really put 2 and 2 together when the earlier thread was referencing Ubisoft I was just going with my first action which is to go to steam.  My dislike of multiple gaming site logins has just grown for me into an aversion of having to deal with them over the last couple of years.  I rarely play anything now that requires a separate login and that includes my ubisoft titles that I own.  Too little time too many games that I havent played the barrier to get me to adopt has been driven pretty low and for me its all about convenience and keeping everything organized and aggregated together.

Shame looks like a nice game but probably for the best that I keep my focus on trying to win the Smolensk scenario in war in the east.

Con

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »
If I end up getting it, it will be direct from ubisoft through uplay.

Uplay had some problems when it was first released, but its been pretty reliable for me since...and by the way, all ubisoft titles require uplay anyway, even if you acquire the game on steam.
I hadnt really put 2 and 2 together when the earlier thread was referencing Ubisoft I was just going with my first action which is to go to steam.  My dislike of multiple gaming site logins has just grown for me into an aversion of having to deal with them over the last couple of years.  I rarely play anything now that requires a separate login and that includes my ubisoft titles that I own.  Too little time too many games that I havent played the barrier to get me to adopt has been driven pretty low and for me its all about convenience and keeping everything organized and aggregated together.

Shame looks like a nice game but probably for the best that I keep my focus on trying to win the Smolensk scenario in war in the east.

Con

I agree with the impulse to avoid having too many third-party programs requiring login for play. I seem to be at my threshold, which is at least part of the reason why I'm resistant to Epic.  However, since I'm already comfortable with uplay and use it frequently for games like Division, Tom Clancy, Assiassins Creed, Far Cry, etc., acquiring new games that require this platform is a non-issue for me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:51:00 AM by Jarhead0331 »
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 04:32:16 PM »
Also waiting for a sale price to pop up...eventually.
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline mbar

• Equites
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »
Gad! Note to self: Do not pre-load any game from Steam. They just end up downloading the same amount anyway. Fix that to beat Epic why dontcha!?
"Id tell yall to give them the same amount of love you gave me, but thats just kind of a mean thing to wish on them!" -- Brant Guillory

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Apollo Creed - The King of Sting
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 05:14:53 AM »
That's why i don't buy ubisoft games...

Offline Wolfe1759

• Viking
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
All the Anno talk prompted me to reinstall Anno 2070 on my Steam account. Installed it on Steam then followed all the UPlay prompts, watched all the patches reinstall via UPlay, started up the game then got an error saying my CD Key was already being used by someone else on UPlay and was therefore unable to play the game that I own  :tickedoff:

Don't buy anything that relies on UPlay to play  >:(

P.S. then I reinstalled Anno 1404 which works absolutely fine, maybe that is because it doesn't use UPlay  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »

I won't; but thanks for the cautionary tale anyway.  Are you going to take it up with support?

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »
All the Anno talk prompted me to reinstall Anno 2070 on my Steam account. Installed it on Steam then followed all the UPlay prompts, watched all the patches reinstall via UPlay, started up the game then got an error saying my CD Key was already being used by someone else on UPlay and was therefore unable to play the game that I own  :tickedoff:

P.S. then I reinstalled Anno 1404 which works absolutely fine, maybe that is because it doesn't use UPlay  :)

Are you sure you are using the right uplay account? This once happened to me. I had two uplay accounts for some reason and had registered a game to one of them and forgot, and then I tried registering it again to the other account. It took awhile to remember that I had that other account that the game had been registered to.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18